The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

I thought the city in Infamous was terrible to be honest. I liked how the interaction with pedestrians was handled, but as far as virtual recreations go, Infamous' take on Seattle ranks very near the bottom of virtual playgrounds. It just did not look like a real place at all. GTA V is still the gold standard (and I suspect that's not gonna change any time soon). The last two Assassin's Creed games were very much on point as well.

And I really hope they can crack the Spidey control problem. Mechanically he's probably the toughest superhero to get right.

What's up with white spider?? Looks completely out of place to me. Make it silver/metal look...white is wrong!

Btw, what is so amazing about the graphics in the trailer...I don't get it?!?

Biggest highlight for me is probably the sheer density of it all. They way cars are piling up in traffic and the amount of people on the streets is impressive. Draw distance looks really good as well. Asset quality and asset variety is quite exceptional for what I'm assuming to be an open world game as well. Great animations, too. On top of it all, It also has the lovely post processing quality of the latest Ratchet game. Obviously it's not quite as photorealistic as God of War, but that's the tradeoffs you're gonna have to make for an open world game.

IMO, this Spiderman game is more photorealistic than new God of War (which is incredible, but stylized).

Sent from my OnePlus One via Tapatalk

Finally a Spiderman game that can render the city to justice! Love the sheer density of it and the Spidey animation is incredible too! From what little glimpses of the setpieces shown, it has some serious potential to be a gem.

IMO, this Spiderman game is more photorealistic than new God of War (which is incredible, but stylized).

Sent from my OnePlus One via Tapatalk

I guess photorealism was the wrong term to describe it. Let's say you'd have an easier time passing it for a CGi movie than you'd have with the new Spider-man game.

This whole Marvel/Not Marvel/Sony/Fox/MCU/Not MCU mess is very, very frustrating for a comic book fan like myself.

Well that is worrying if a fan of the comics is confused. The last time I tried looking up some trivial about Spider-Man comics I was confronted by dozens and dozens of different Spider-Man universes, including: Spider-Man, the Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Earth X, Spider-Man: J, Spider-Man: 1602, Exiles, Noir. I also discovered there is an entire multiverse where the Avengers are undead!

And you think this is confusing? :runaway:

Reactions: scf
Well that is worrying if a fan of the comics is confused. The last time I tried looking up some trivial about Spider-Man comics I was confronted by dozens and dozens of different Spider-Man universes, including: Spider-Man, the Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Earth X, Spider-Man: J, Spider-Man: 1602, Exiles, Noir. I also discovered there is an entire multiverse where the Avengers are undead!

And you think this is confusing? :runaway:
But... That's... Different!!! Cause.............. It just is, ok???

In the end it's probably a lot less confusing because the developers supposedly aren't beholden to any of the myriads of already existing timelines. Frustrating for hardcore fans who know all the ins and outs of this stuff? - sure. But way more manageable for regular mortals like us;)

I post more details inside Spiderman exlusive topic problem but Spiderman series is now exclusive to Sony Playstation with Insomniac creating games.

Knowing all the correlations between the diferent universes might be fun for some, but most of us just wanna play a spidey game here and there without giving up our sex lives. Hehe, kidding.

Some of us don't have any. ._.

This was of course a joke. None of us has a sex life besides sleeping with our wifu, playing DOA and rinsing our baionetta figurines. I only get erections by real time volumetric lightshafts these days.

Back