Battlefield 1

Just as I thought, the gameplay looked nowhere near as good as the in engine stuffs from the trailer but for an early MP it's not bad. I wonder if SP demo would be shown at MS' conference tho. Overall I still prefer BF4's modern style, WW1 is just too old school for me, even WWII would be a much better premises.

Battlefront looked the same on PC to the in early engine trailer. Just the animations were pre-canned.

But I suspect that you are this GPUking from the Gamespot forums who wants to prove anything with his The Order 1886 screensots. Since I can not take you seriously anymore.

Battlefront looked the same on PC to the in early engine trailer. Just the animations were pre-canned.

But I suspect that you are this GPUking from the Gamespot forums who wants to prove anything with his The Order 1886 screensots. Since I can not take you seriously anymore.
Not sure what you're on about but if you're trying to derail the thread then go ahead, I wont participate.
Also PC BattleFront didn't have lighting as good as the initial in engine trailer either. Again let's wait till we see the SP demo first shall we?

The youtube quality is a bit better here

That makes me wonder if they'll have the historical counters to the WW-I era tanks back when? Bad reliability and poor speed (most couldn't go much faster than a man walking). Looking at that video, looks like they didn't bother, which makes sense for a game. But it does make you wonder what their counters will be. The poor speed is what made them extremely vulnerable to artillery and mortars in WW-I.

The tank is that video is moving incredibly fast for a WW-I era tank.

Game looks quite good though.

Regards,
SB

BF1 looks really great. I wonder if DICE will use any new technologies like Dolby Atmos or (true) HDR.
DICE supported Dolby Atmos for Battlefront but it was PC only.
Im still waiting for console gaming to embrace Dolby Atmos. Xbox One S supports HDR gaming
and we don't know if PS4 Neo will do the same. Also if NEO is twice the power of PS4 we should see 1080p 60fps.

Before they start introducing Atmos that 0.001% of the people can actually use, I'd rather have them do an accurate multi speaker engine first. Like i.e. the Naughty Dog games on PS3 and PS4 that actually let you configure where the speakers are in relation to the seating position so that the game can accurately model the position of sounds.

TAA shows its strengths here. No more of that annoying shimmer like in Battlefront.

PS4 version looks...in line with other games this gen nothing special.

Course it is multiplayer. I'm sure they'll push it in campaign.

Course it'll be 720 on Xbox :(

PC version doe :p Dat Scorpio/Neo version.

In the meanwhile should show off my newly built gaming PC nicely this fall.

PS4 version - 1080p @ 60fps....and looks really nice. I do wonder what the Neo enhanced version will look like? Also wonder if the Xbox One version will be 720p or 900p?

Ps4 is 900P..check the other thread

It does look a little better on PS4 than I first gave it credit for (was judging off IGN 13 minute video or whatever). Campaign on this on PC/Neo/Scorpio will be insane looking I think. MP already looks amazing on PC and good on PS4.

Thank goodness I will be able to max the graphics and go below 60 FPS to 30 FPS on PC if needed.

Neo version would do nicely at 1080p maybe close to ultra settings? Is it possible to add a HDR patch compatible with HDR TVs too?

Back