Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

Warchild

Newcomer
Game of the show for me. Absolutely insane!

Official trailer

14-06-16-DeathStranding_Screen_PS4_009_1465877397.jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(2).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(1).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(5).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_Screen_PS4_010_1465877397.jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(6).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(9).jpg

14-06-16-DeathStranding_ps4-annuncio-gamesnote-(8).jpg

He said it was all running in real-time or something?

This was clearly my wife's game of the show, she likes this actor a lot from a the Walking Dead.

Could just be an elaborated real time cutscene, I expect actual gameplay to look nowhere near that good, but still very impressive due to Koji's art style. How the hell there's virtually no gameplay infos anywhere?

This was at the same time the most artistically beautiful and most useless trailer of E3.

I have no idea what this game is about, what genre it is, what setting, what time period, anything.
If the trailer was a couple of seconds showing the most perfect render of a potato, then fading to black with the text "Starring Norman Reedus", I would know as much about the game as I do now.

This could be a perfume commercial, for all I know.

Some more details
  • Kojima-san still hasn’t picked an engine for the game, but there are a couple of candidates.
  • Guillermo Del Toro is not involved in the game for now.
  • The mascot “Ludens” isn’t involved with the game.
  • The game will have a lot of action elements.
  • After a few hours of playing, players will realize that Death Stranding is a completely different game from what they have played before.
  • The setting is a secret.
  • Kojima-san wants people to speculate on what they saw in the trailer.
  • The main character’s name is still a secret.
  • It will take some time before we’re able to play the game.
  • Kojima-san explained the meaning of the title: You talk about “mass stranding” when there are a lot of whales or dolphins stranded on the beach. It’s called “live stranding” when they’re alive, and “dead stranding” when they’re dead. The meaning of the title is that something came from “some world” and is stranded.
Link

Mark Cerny is the Technical producer

cDift5.png

About SIE Visual Arts Service Group:

The Visual Arts Services Group is a division of SCEA’s Product Development Services Group. VASG is a full-production studio located in San Diego that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning.
Link
Specifically, Kojima Productions revealed that the motion capture of actor Norman Reedus (who appears to be playing the game’s main protagonist) was filmed over two days from March 22-23 at Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Visual Arts Service Group in San Diego, CA.

While shooting for the trailer, the team used the process of “Photogrammetry” to take hundreds of photos of Reedus to capture his full body, which would then be used to reproduce for the game’s 3D data. Reedus was motion captured by the team during the shoot, while the baby featured in the trailer was shot as a doll and replaced during post-production.

Once the shoot and motion capture were completed, the data was brought back to Japan for Kojima and his team to then recreate with the in-game engine for Death Stranding and used to complete the game’s E3 trailer.

January 19, 2016

PS4 Architect Mark Cerny & Hideo Kojima Going on 10-Day Trip to Search “For the Newest Technology”

hideokojimamarkcerny.jpg

Nice to see Cerny being part of the team now. Hopefully it doesn't look too far off from that trailer, at least on PS Neo.

It's certainly rendered using the same engine as U4 first reveal trailer. They both feature pristine IQ, realistic humans, high quality hair, detailed sand deformation and clean rendering of even their tiniest crystals, and of course, a uber quality PR bullshit it's running in real time™

It's certainly rendered using the same engine as U4 first reveal trailer. They both feature pristine IQ, realistic humans, high quality hair, detailed sand deformation and clean rendering of even their tiniest crystals, and of course, a uber quality PR bullshit it's running in real time™
But this time we have the benefit of the doubt that the ps neo will be coming out either by the end of this year or possibly early next year. We know this game isn't coming out until possibly 2018. I would say it's more capable of running those graphics at 1080p while the original ps4 can run 720p-900p with lower quality assets/draw distance...etc

Development barely started. Kojima takes years to develop his tech. I'm sure they have no idea where the resolution/framerate/rendering effects trade-off is gonna be nailed down at yet. This "real time" teaser is purely speculative.

The engine is not UE 4.0... From a friend working in a french studio doing an exclusive PS4 games.

Last edited:
The engine is not UE 4.0... From a friend working oin french studio doing an exclusive PS4 games.
Thank you for the info. Like i said in the other thread, this must be some sort of in-house engine from Sony and i do hope it's the one Kojima uses.

Back