The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

Yay for Sony buying exclusivity! Or should that be Boo? I forget how people treated Microsoft when they did it with Tomb Raider.

Am I supposed to boo or cheer? Oh wait I remember now, it's to pile on the hate. So hopefully, I see a lot of the people that piled on the hate for Microsoft buying exclusivity to Tomb Raider also piling on the hate for Sony buying exclusivity to Spiderman.

Oh wait, no one? Hypocrites.

Regards,
SB

Yay for Sony buying exclusivity! Or should that be Boo? I forget how people treated Microsoft when they did it with Tomb Raider.

Am I supposed to boo or cheer? Oh wait I remember now, it's to pile on the hate. So hopefully, I see a lot of the people that piled on the hate for Microsoft buying exclusivity to Tomb Raider also piling on the hate for Sony buying exclusivity to Spiderman.

Regards,
SB

I dunno. Don't Sony already own Spiderman since years ago?

Regards,
SB
Do you know the details of both deals? How do you know they're the same?

One game was announced as an exclusive from the get-go and is published by Sony. The other was announced with no platforms named until months after the original announcement, and is published by a third-party company.

Sure it sucks either way, but it's not quite the same. Plus we don't have all of the details of either deal.

Sony obviously has some sort of relationship with Marvel seeing as how they own (or owned) the rights to Spider-Man, so a Spider-Man exclusive makes some sense. Perhaps this was planned by Sony all along. Who knows if this project exists without Sony. Not to mention the obvious connection between Insomniac and Sony.

The same can't be said about RoTR. This game was coming off of a successful release in Tomb Raider, thanks in large part to PlayStation. A sequel was highly likely to happen with or without Microsoft's help. This game was probably planned as a multiplatform game from the beginning, but things changed once Microsoft decided to step in.

That's just how I feel things happened. But this is definitely not apples to apples.

Last edited:
Look in the mirror, bro. :LOL:

I am admittedly a PS fan, just as you are someone who has an unhealthy hate towards Sony (how many PS3's died on you, 7?)

But how am I being unreasonable? Sony funded and published a game to a franchise they own. How is that even close to being the same as the RoTR situation? How can someone call people hypocrites when they are not the same situation at all.

Better to compare this to Sunset Overdrive IMO. It's technically a new franchise funded by Sony, just like SO. Funnily enough both developed by Insomniac - so it literally is a give and take scenario.

The game looks great. I'm glad it's not some movie tie in, although it will surely ride on the hype, it shouldn't at least fall short in the way movie tie in games do.

image_spider_man-32154-3639_0001.jpg

Unless this is an ingame cinematic sequence or the targetted image quality of Neo I find it hard to believe this is gameplay footage.

Regards,
SB

thread-derailed-spidey-png.1238

Regards,
SB

It was apparently part of the deal to get Spider-Man into CA: Civil War.

Gotta admit, Sony's fucking brilliant.

And yeah, it's bullshit. At least the Tomb Raider thing was timed exclusivity, though. That's better than this spider-man game which will be, as far as anyone knows, entirely PS4 only.

Not really, have you seen Insomniacs latest game on Ps4?

26609615325_1c274f6fcd_o.jpg

25957456784_e6a5eaee41_o.jpg

26013336864_1b497cce9b_o.png

They probably add a temporal element to the AA in Spiderman. But I saw a little shimmering when Spiderman is on the wall at the beginning on one of the stair far away...

Last edited:
- Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game
- Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
- It's been in development for "quite some time"
- It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
- It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-man
- PS4 exclusive and published by SIE
- They aren't ready to talk about any release timeframe

One Insomniac employee tells this during Geoff Keighley podcast.

Last edited:
On the exclusivity deal, Spiderman games under Activision were very bad. At least we will probably have a good Spiderman games for the first time since PS2...

bro please just stop, admit to yourself that there is a bias and just deal with it. Its very obvious

Where is the bias? Activision rights on Spiderman expire last year. Marvel was in negociation with Sony Pictures for Spiderman movie right. The negociations were fruitful and Spider-man was in Civil War one of the compromise was to give the Spiderman game right to Sony Interactive Entertainment .

The result is a probably good and ambitious future Spiderman game... After it is on PS4 only but if the deal was not in place we would have average multiplatform Spiderman game...

Last edited:
They probably add a temporal element to the AA in Spiderman. But I saw a little shimmering when Spiderman is on the wall at the beginning on one of the stair fat away...

Definitely TAA, looks similar to what Uncharted 4 is using, albeit with less sharpening.

spidy1bouhj.jpg

spidy2hduo1.jpg

Back