Board and Chip Comparison Tables

The clock speed for the Millenium G400MAX board is 150MHz for the chip and 200MHz for the memory. The clock speed for the Millenium G400 16/32MB and the Marvel G400-TV boards were 125MHz for the chip and 166MHz for the memory. Also bandwith and fillrate numbers are wrong for the same reason.
Those are the clocks I had/used, and I don't see how my information is wrong.

edit: Apparently the board chart is different from my post.

will the chips/boards other than nvidia get filled in too? i just hope i didn't waste my time completely searching for those specs :oops:

http://www.beyond3d.com/misc/chipcomp/

There's some updates to whats in the detail content now (see if you can spot them), and its now been added to the main menu under '3D Tables'.

Much of the Database design and presentation layer is done now, I need to create the entry and update forms as well as make the relavent data available to our reviews content. Once these are done I'll look at the data and make sure that as much as possible is included.

Also, if anyone want to volenteer to add external reviews links in (recieving mails from other sites and looking for reviews) then that would be very handy. :)

BTW - Any suggestions from consumers and developers alike would be useful, I want to tray and make this a good resource for all.

Ummm, is the Volari V8 chip by itself an 8x2 architecture?

And does the NV5 (TNT2) have a 2-way crossbar memory architecture?

Just those issues I could spot straight away.

I was under the impression the V8 was a 8x1 and that the Duo was.. something else? so yeah, arjan is right.

Could you allow a full listing of all chips or boards on one page, without it splitting up into two or more pages?

It'd be useful for quick scanning of information without having to click back and forth between separate pages.

Excellent resource, beats the TR one which hasn't been updated in a while and doesn't feature anything Mobile.

Rys

Rys said:
Could you allow a full listing of all chips or boards on one page, without it splitting up into two or more pages?

Hey Rys,

Glad you like the charts - there's still a lot more work to be done on them :)

As for your request, my initial reaction is probably not. The entire thing is driven by the database so its limited not to select too many rows back at a time (the queries are quite complicated). I'll have a think though.

One thing I am tempted to do is add categories in the initial chip & board charts so that you can filter down and view, say, only mobile solutions, or desktop, or segments of desktop solutions etc.

Just a few corrections on NV1x:
NV11 only has bilinear filtering per texture unit.
"Texture compression" is missing from the records for NV10/11.
"Filtering methods" is missing for NV17/18. All NV1x are capable of 2:1 bi/trilinear anisotropic, which isn't mentioned at all.
NV17/18 only generate two subsamples per pipe. 4xAA on GF4MX is supersampling. The AA samples fillrate number is therefore too high.

Additionnal field

Dave,
nice work! Can I ask for an additionnal field? I know it's likely to be a lot of work, but what do you think of having the MSRP at time of release for the boards? Or only on the chips list, based on initial cards ? I think it would be interesting to see price variation for top-end parts along the years.
thanks.

Back