Xbox One Slim

I think the 4K Gaming discussions belongs in its own thread since it will impact other consoles as well. I dont know if ony already exists

vpavic_070616_1091_0057.0.jpg

There is HDMI IN. No Kinect Port. Unexpected.

That likely explains why they're not using Kinect hardware voice acceleration for Cortana but do allow for voice control via Headsets.

it wasn't unrealistic wanting/thinking they needed more than just a slim. Saying slim refreshes have only ever been just that is believing things can't change, and things are changing. I personally don't think there's going to be generations like before.

I thought hdr was going to be just for media, doesn't games need to be development to take advantage of that, although I believe the actual work is pretty simple. How much difference would hdr make on a game?

so people who say that games have to be the same between xo and the slim are wrong, I'm just unsure how much difference it makes, they seemed to keep beating that game hdr drum though

The 2TB model is going for $299?

Umm, unless I missed something, I think the 2TB model is closer to $400 something...

A special, limited edition launch edition of the Xbox One S will be available in early August with a 2TB hard drive for $399. Two standard versions will be available soon after: a 500GB edition for $299, and 1TB for $349.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911184/microsoft-xbox-one-s-announced-price-specs-e3-2016

Tommy McClain

4k bluray confirmed. Pretty good at $300

Sigh - I have to disagree, the S is a completely wasted opportunity to change the market dynamics. $100 too high because worthless 4K bluray driving up price and utter failure for not upping performance. Need digital only at $199.

Sigh - I have to disagree, the S is a completely wasted opportunity to change the market dynamics. $100 too high because worthless 4K bluray driving up price and utter failure for not upping performance. Need digital only at $199.

Don't worry, It'll drop in price for Holiday 2016. The $299 price just gives them room to drop the price to make it seem like consumers are getting a great bargain.

Don't worry, It'll drop in price for Holiday 2016. The $299 price just gives them room to drop the price to make it seem like consumers are getting a great bargain.

I would hope that is the case, that and allowing stock of the OG clear out.

Doesn't this make the new console incompatible with a bunch of titles?!

That might just be a dedicated port for Kinect, but if there is an adapter like @iroboto said, then it's likely a normal USB port but without the additional power requirements for Kinect. The Adapter will likely be similar to the X360 Kinect adapter where it plugged into the USB port and then the wall socket to provide the additional power required for Kinect.

Or maybe there will be a mini-kinect that requires less power since the IR Blaster is now part of the base console?

That might just be a dedicated port for Kinect, but if there is an adapter like @iroboto said, then it's likely a normal USB port but without the additional power requirements for Kinect. The Adapter will likely be similar to the X360 Kinect adapter where it plugged into the USB port and then the wall socket to provide the additional power required for Kinect.

Or maybe there will be a mini-kinect that requires less power since the IR Blaster is now part of the base console?

A smaller and cooler Kinect that didn't need a fan in it would be nice. If Kinect could be sold at the price of a standard controller, I think a lot of people would pick it up just because.

Back