Pre-e3 2016 hype/predictions thread

Just show me gameplay demos of GOW4, Detroit and Horizon Sony, anything beyond those are simply icing on the cake. They can reveal Neo whenever they want or delay everything else to whenever they want I could care less:). Actually do some me something from Sucker Punch or Insomniac tho. Not a hard task is it Sony? Being a graphics whore and all, the thought of seeing some upcoming games with eye melting graphics in the matter of 24hours is a little more than unbearable, there goes my weekend sleep.

Detroit still does not have an announced year of release, so I think there is a chance that it will miss E3 [except in game lineup reels] and get stronger push at Gamescom/PGW.

I did hear whispers on Gaf that Detroit will be there, fingers crossed. Anyway here's something I made for fun to kick things off this E3:).
KCleTW.jpg

There may possibly be a 2TB Xbox One model announced.

Phil Spencer comments are a bit interesting - so my hype is that NX is just a partnership. Nintendo and Xbox partner up to bring us VR Zelda next year on Scorpio Rift 2.0! :runaway::love::runaway::love::runaway:

His comments were at fanfest - as seen on Reddit via FaceBook stream.

Phil Spencer comments are a bit interesting - so my hype is that NX is just a partnership. Nintendo and Xbox partner up to bring us VR Zelda next year on Scorpio Rift 2.0! :runaway::love::runaway::love::runaway:

His comments were at fanfest - as seen on Reddit via FaceBook stream.

There was booze involved, probably o_O

Holy shit, must be the first time in 10 years I've agree with eastmen.
But noting his proven track record as beyond3d's least accurate predictor, perhaps I will be wrong :confused:, maybe the normal ps4 will be able to handle PSVR without dropping any frames

It'll be easy enough to get the games to the point where they don't drop frames. They just need to further reduce resolution, graphics quality, graphics options, reduce rendering complexity, etc. If you make something that looks like it should run on the original PlayStation (exaggeration), for example, I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems hitting a consistent 60 FPS.

Is Scorpio going to be like Neo, a minor addition where games play on the previous system too or is it simply another console? IF so, that will mean Next gen and that would have to be beefy. If it is a minor addition, then it better have a specific purpose like , I am guessing PSVR is for Neo, otherwise it will be market breaking.
What do the rumours say?

IMO, the most believable rumor I've seen is that XBO-T will have support for Oculus Rift (either current version of some unspecified future version) for VR (Microsoft's response to PSVR), that in turn pretty much sets the minimum bar (~4.85 TFLOPs) for how powerful the machine needs to be. But you never want to be at the minimum required if you want to impress people. So the XBO-T is rumored to be relatively comfortably above the minimum needed to support PSVR.

Regards,
SB

lexcept if there is a megaton in the works nobody knows of

Yeah sure...
New os version with up to 1.6% better performance in some case on the dashboard, updated icons, and some windows phone related interoperability.

That only shows what's available. You still need an XB1 to play XB games - they don't run on PC. I guess biggest possiblity here is MS making cross-platform play an option, so buying an XB1 game lets you download the Windows version as well and vice versa.

Back