[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

Campaign is great...MP is such that I did not even bother to play more than a few minutes...

Had lots of fun with the GAF clan during the beta. Unfortunately the MP game was practically unplayable at launch. Crashes were common in the first 3 weeks or so. :( When the game became more stable, I think many people have already moved on.

They should have dropped the perks too. It's unfair to new players. Also, same problem with KZ3: Lousy match making, no clans. RFOM MP platform remains the best.

And yes, the campaign is great. Very good blend of action, fun and varied pacing.

I have a mind to think that Insomniac didn't really understand what made RFOM MP so good. That maybe it was actually a bit of a fluke :p :LOL:

Regardless however, I really think they should have included the 4-6 player co-op modes. It would have sold a lot more people on the game as it was one of the best things about R2. I spent hours on that mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had lots of fun with the GAF clan during the beta. Unfortunately the MP game was practically unplayable at launch. Crashes were common in the first 3 weeks or so. :( When the game became more stable, I think many people have already moved on.

They should have dropped the perks too. It's unfair to new players. Also, same problem with KZ3: Lousy match making, no clans. RFOM MP platform remains the best.

And yes, the campaign is great. Very good blend of action, fun and varied pacing.

I really wish for myself that I get hooked by the MP of a game...but KZ3 (no standard assault rifle at the beginning, classes just absolutley not my taste) and R3 (crazy abilities and perks and stuff and just too much somehow).

Why did you quit R3 MP?

I really hoped that they get rid of the cometitive MP completely (too much competition on the market, difficult to beat the stars imo) and concentrate on their cool coop MP mode!! I really thought that this was a great mode in R2 with lots of potential...

I really wish for myself that I get hooked by the MP of a game...but KZ3 (no standard assault rifle at the beginning, classes just absolutley not my taste) and R3 (crazy abilities and perks and stuff and just too much somehow).

Why did you quit R3 MP?

I maxed out my level. ^_^

... and then
Dark Souls
happened shortly after.

I suspect they saved the 8P co-op for Overstrike. Have no insider info here, mind you.

Booted up my ps3 as a friend wanted to borrow it and played some Resistance 3 agin: oh boy ! What an exceptionally well crafted campaign :love: ! Now I have deferred lending out my ps3 till I finish it again :yes: !

So, so damn sad that their best campaign sold the least ! Damn you real world, you are a shithole to not value a game as good as this :devilish:!

Still not played R3. Why have Sony never given this away as a PS+ game?

Yeah, R3 is such a good game! They did basically everything right with SP.

Man, so much hope that we get a next gen Resistance!!

Would be a great PS Plus game, it's a fantastic title. One of the best of shooter games on the whole of 7th gen.

I'd love a sequel on PS4 as well. Would like some Twisted Metal PS4 as well, but.... ships have sailed. Another amazing PS3 exclusive to put on PS Plus.

There's a small handful of games on PS3 that are forcing me to hang on to the system because they weren't remastered etc.; Resistance 3 is one of those games. I would absolutely LOVE a Resistance trilogy remastered, but that's very doubtful based on sales unfortunately.

Sony owns the IP, right? Wonder if the terms of PS+ means they would still have to pay Insomniac regardless (no idea what sort of deal is involved with getting publishers/devs to allow their game for "free").

Still have this to play - out of interest - given the option would you play in 3D on a 42" plasma or 2D on a 2.5m projected screen!?

online server was shut down, but yes, insomniac game temple applied perfectly to a fps. I love almost everything about this game beside the prison level and meh story.

I'm decommissioning my PS3 today so I'll probably never play this game now.

European launch 60Gb PS3 - powered on 23 March 2007, powered off 9 June 2016. Nine years of flawless operation, never been turned off.

Oh well..

Back