Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's running on a ps4, well supposed to, but it's a tech demo, i was talking, during gameplay maybe.

They could use the extra power for tessellation. Off on PS4, ON on PS4K.

that's running on a ps4, well supposed to, but it's a tech demo, i was talking, during gameplay maybe.

They could use the extra power for tessellation. Off on PS4, ON on PS4K.

True, I was a little underwhelmed by the Detroit trailer tbh, it was nice just not the massive leap over Beyond that I was expecting from QD after that tech demo.

Some screenshots from the FFXV feature film, looks gorgeous

KingsGlaive-4.jpg

KingsGlaive-2.jpg

KingsGlaive-1.jpg

KingsGlaive-15.jpg

KingsGlaive-14.jpg

KingsGlaive-9.jpg
I see at least on Harrison Ford look-alike and one Ben Affleck look-alike.

Methinks the CG artists at Square love their Hollywood :LOL:

The real time cutscenes in UC4 are pretty close to the King's Glaive CG if you ask me. The major difference I see is the strands of hair and lighting.
sWQ8CM.jpg

I think games like God of War or Detroit would have more potential to look even closer.
And shading, and clothing and pretty much anything below the neck

This is interesting from that video:

12nazt.png

Seems like they render those character renders on a PS4 too (CPU/GPU metrics). Also it shows the aging on Drake which i don't think they have released on artstation?

Last edited:
moar

HZDgirl.jpg

HZDshoulder.jpg

Most important thing: facial animation and mouth movement has substantially improved over Killzone SF...makes the humans way more believable to me.
Well, they probably evolved their facial animation pipeline a lot during the time they helped Supermassive Games on Until Dawn.

Last edited:
He must have grown the beard because it's cold up north. Maybe he should buy a hat since he won't be getting a pass from the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back