What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently addicted to this JRPG called Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I don't know why exactly I'm enjoying it so much given it's fairly cookie cutter jRPG material. It is very well done at least IMO. But don't expect anything like Final Fantasy production values. The characters are sprites :p

anybody knows what is the title of a game that looks like bygone era. so friggin pixelated. point and click thing. but have its dialogue voice overed? and its lauded as the rebirth of point and click game?

btw on my tablet PC im now playing PS4 (destiny remoteplay) and PC (valkyria chronices). With texture mods, VC looks much nicer.

Shadow of Mordor.

Bought it last summer during the steam sale based on the forum thread but so far I find it a bit meh.

The gameplay isn't great. Fighting is a poor copy of Batman with not much in the way of combos. Maybe you get to unlock more later on but the first 5 hours have been mostly bashing A.

Moving around isn't great either. Especially climbing is a bit awkward as you never seem to be able to smoothly get up or down.

I guess the captain system or whatever it's called could have been fun but so far I don't feel much of a connection with them at it feels more like killing a slightly stronger enemy.

Over the past year I've put about 180 hours into witcher 3 and I'm still only in skellige. Wonderful game but I wanted to take a break and play something else for a while.

I would endorse sticking with Shadow of Mordor. The combat opens up immensely, way more than Batman, then you get a new ability which is just so awesome. Early combat is quite bland.

Figured I'd get to actually playing Rage since Doom shit all over my save file.

Kind of annoyed at the FOV and... all the enemies seem tiny and annoying to shoot. The rest of the game seems ok. Lovely environments at times. Kind of want an actual RPG from it now.

At least it runs well. :p

----

Also fired up Wolfenstein 2009 again since I never finished it (and lost the save file anyway - damn pre-cloud save days). Guess I'll finish that next.

I'm also partway through The New Order as well, but I suppose I'll leave that last since it doesn't run so well on my current setup.

Playing CSGO with friends and started W3:Blood and Wine. This expansion is seriously pretty wherever you look!

Also still need to finish Castlevania Lords of Shadows before fully endulging myself in Witcher world :)

If thats the game (castlevania) where you enter a musical box where you have to get past a level with pipes shooting flames
could I have a copy of your savegame after that (might be castlevania 2)
this bit chapter 9
37:40 the bit with the flames

Last edited:
Pillars of Eternity. I started playing this with a Cipher as my main when the game was released, but I didn't like it. I think the class just doesn't suit me and the game sat unplayed until now. I rolled a rogue and it's much more fun. I also know more about the game and maybe since it has been patched a lot since release, I am not running into some bugs which I probably had stumbled into when I started at launch.

Defender's Quest just got updated for free to the HD/enhanced edition on Steam, so playing through that again. Forgot how addictive this game is. Going to go for all the New Game+ achievements this time as well I think. And then think about doing the same for Hero mode. Soooo good.

Regards,
SB

Picked up Helldivers on Steam sale. 5 hours later I should get some sleep soon. Great fun so far working with lots of other players in missions. Just love co-op games, especially when you have to be careful not to kill your team members.

I bought GTAV in the steam sale as I always enjoy looking around in those games for a while. Took forever to download, but played a bit of it this afternoon with my four year old daughter.

Turn the pedestrian swearing off and it's a lovely Dad and daughter experience. We drove up a big hill, crashed down it. "Borrowed" a car from a nice man. Went to the beach then had a go on the fairground. Then had a drive in a stinky rubbish truck before stopping for dinner.

I really wish Rockstar could apply their talents to a world that was family friendly without supervision!

Third playthrough of Fallout 4 and I'm still finding locations to explore and quests that I somehow missed on my two previous "comprehensive" playthroughs. Kid in a Fridge :yep2:

Doom 3 ? I have saves for that and the mission pack.
Doom 4. The game crashed and flagged my save file as being in dev mode. The upcoming patch is supposed to fix that though... hopefully. Not that the rune trials/weapon upgrade challenges etc. were difficult, but... I had hoped to just replay with everything unlocked. It certainly put a damper on wanting to play again.

Anyways, back to the Hinterlands in the meantime.

anybody knows what is the title of a game that looks like bygone era. so friggin pixelated. point and click thing. but have its dialogue voice overed? and its lauded as the rebirth of point and click game?

btw on my tablet PC im now playing PS4 (destiny remoteplay) and PC (valkyria chronices). With texture mods, VC looks much nicer.

Where are you getting the texture mods from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back