NPD April 2016 Sales Results

Also there's the fact that Ratchet and Clank is an established franchise while QB is something new. It would have been surprising if QB outsold R&C not what actually happened :p

I am amazed at Minecraft.

Looking at that and Skylanders, it's interesting to see that there's a rather large and noticeable skew towards XBO/X360 with kid-friendly/family-friendly multiplatform titles.

It's a shame that we'll never get this, but I wish we could see the sales numbers or at least rankings of DD only releases which tend to be dominated by indie studios. Especially how multiplatform indie DD titles do on each respective console.

Regards,
SB

Not that many more - proportionally. Also, QB has had loads of hype and been something many XBO buyers have been waiting for.
Are they tracking digital sales yet? (although that would not mean much to this comparison) Just more curious and I am out of the loop.

Are they tracking digital sales yet? (although that would not mean much to this comparison) Just more curious and I am out of the loop.

Not for anything released to the public (rankings are all physical non-bundled sales). Hence why there is no entry for Dark Souls 3 for PC as it was only sold digitally. Also why the PC ranking in NPD is meaningless as physical sales, when they exist account for 5% or less of a given title's sales.

They have very rough estimates in the reports that you can buy.

Regards,
SB

GTA V, a game that was originally released almost 3 years ago, is in the top 5 list.
Fascinating.

What's that? You also agree that a GTA IV remake-remastered version for PS4Xbone would be dashing and basically take it's eternal place in NPD top ten for three more years straight until GTA NX arrives?

And it was reviewed pretty badly compared to the universal acclaim if R&C.

Also very important, R&C launched at $40/£29!!!

Live action full motion video was a bit much and the PC version didn't help...perhaps they should have timed release on XboxOne first for three months then rolled out the PC version so it wouldn't cannibalize it.

Glad to see Ratchet and Clank do great..., game should be bundled...hopefully Insomniac Games uses a new hardcore 3d engine and remake-remastered plus directors cut all three or four Resistance single player campaigns in one disc at 1080p 60fps and real time cut scenes.
Online multiplayer could be a download or second disc.

WRT GTAV I find it amazing that even the 2nd hand value remains so high - even with all the retail sales...it really is an unstopable juggernaught!

You also agree that a GTA IV remake-remastered version for PS4Xbone would be dashing and basically take it's eternal place in NPD top ten for three more years straight until GTA NX arrives?

GTA IV has a much less over-the-top (and consequently less entertaining) story and the driving physics were pretty much panned across critics and gamers alike.
I don't doubt such a remake would make Rockstar's time very worthy it in financially, but I don't think it would occupy NPD for three more years.

GTA IV has a much less over-the-top (and consequently less entertaining) story and the driving physics were pretty much panned across critics and gamers alike.
I don't doubt such a remake would make Rockstar's time very worthy it in financially, but I don't think it would occupy NPD for three more years.

After watching the recent remake remastered effort on Uncharted Collection and Dead Island the latter of which has actually improved a somewhat mediocre game into at least being a very respectable technology show piece, the thought of doing something similar with GTA IV has dollar sign eyes written all over.

The driving physics being panned or even the lack of whatever you said didn't stop it from setting sales records.

For the sake of a cruel joke on other games being released I can rest assured wagering that such a remake remastered version of GTA IV would have NPDomination...

Back