Overwatch [PC] Blizzard

60 fps and sounds like dynamic res on both systems both targeting 1080p
sounds a little heavy.
Blizzard games tend to scale really well to lower end systems, it's their motto. They are more interested in having a larger customer base than pushing graphics. I run this game fairly well on my PC (before i got my CPU upgraded) I fully expect both (if at least one console) to reach 1080@60 without much of an issue. It's certainly less taxing than call of duty.

Anyone know if pre-ordering the collector's edition box automatically entitles you to the pre-purchase black widow skin?

...Little did I know, when I was a child, that as an adult I would be playing with pretty dolls, and dressing them up... :rolleyes: :LOL:

Didn't know Black Widow was French :D

I really like these first two episodes

The Blizzard seal of polish is defiantly in this title. When playing this game on the PC I literally forgot there were graphic options out of the box, it's that polished. I had to put this baby on the big screen in the house, it looks seriously awesome!

Last edited:
Quite fun and looks great, the usual BLizzard fantastic art and polish.

ONLY 16:9 AND 16:10 aspect ratios.... :mad::rolleyes:

It's good fun and the mechanics seem well thought out. I'm hoping for some longer maps though.

Just wanted to say, that the collector's edition box is utterly ridiculous. Ridiculous, I say!

I thought the recently released new DOOM collector's box was ridiculous, but this one's even bigger, and much, much heavier. DOOM box is a thin corrugated cardboard shell, and then mostly styrofoam inside. The statue itself and the game steelbook case occupy only a small minority of the overall volume. Actually, game isn't on the disc, because it's a standard DVD and obviously can't fit the 50-ish gigs that DOOM occupies. (Original DOOM: roughly 15 MB or so; for some sense of proportions...)

Overwatch box is lots and lots of massive, thick, heavy cardboard in layers, a large, thick (heavy) softcover artbook in a transparent plastic sleeve (looks great), a separate cardboard box for the statue (which I did not open), a thick stack of art postcards, soundtrack CD and game disc steelbook case. No making-of DVD, sadly! That has been a staple in Blizzard special editions since the first World of Warcraft SE box, and with this game's colorful background (originating out of the failed "Titan" MMO project that ran for about seven years before ending up cancelled), *edit: a making-of video disc would have been a cool and insightful addition!

And yes, Widowmaker Noire is included in the box, in the form of a 400 digits long* DLC code you have to type into a form on the battle.net website. Whee. Also included: heroes of the storm Jaina hero code, and a hearthstone card pack code as well.
*I might exaggerate a little; just a little, though!

Last edited:
This game is hella fun. Question: In the sound options there is something called ATMOS which says should only be enabled if my headset is not on surround mode. I tried it and it does indeed simulate surround sound very well. Should I use that or the native Dolby surround in my Logitech G930?

I do like Junkrat the most. He is my main and I can do well in attack and defense.

However, I am trying to get a character I can handle in each class...to be able to adjust to the situation.

I guess, for tanks, I go with Zarya (or what she's called)...I do like the plasma grenade that has an arc to it and the shield is fun to use. Roadhog is another interesting choice (and connected to JR!)

Still not sure about offensive class: Reaper works sometimes well, Soldier 76 is ok...but no character right now were I can rely on. McCree looks the coolest :)

Healing: absolutely no idea. Tried out Mercy, but I am bad with here. I don't even know what Lucio does :))

What are peoples main characters, and why?

Yeah, he is indeed super strong...but I just don't like this robot character. So I played him a lot in the beta, but never touched him once now.

But he is a beast :)
Also, most people think he is OP...which he is not, Junkrat is a great counter, as I can bounce if my grenades and kill Bastion without being in line of sight (which is deadly :))

What are peoples main characters, and why?
Don't really have a main character, as I haven't played this game much, and I don't think I ever will either. I was hoping it would be a more tactical shooter, but it's yet another twitchy-twitch bullshit game like all the others these days. As a healer you die in a few hits, and the schizophrenic level design doesn't help either. Way overcomplicated levels with a weird, unsaturated, overexposed color scheme to the visual design that creates a weird flatness to everything making it hard for me to make out what's fucking happening on screen.

One game I played, I was to capture an objective that was basically in the middle of a small plaza with entranceways from every direction AND a convenient nearby balcony from which to bombard the objective. The next game had an objective inside a room on the ground floor in a building with basically no walls. Third level - capture objective a courtyard surrounded by a wall from which you had free line of sight downwards, raised platforms everywhere and so on.

Why on earth would you make the least defensible spot in an entire area the main objective? Doesn't make sense to me. Fail!

TF2 has cleaner class design without such an overabundance of classes with resulting redundant overlap, and much cleaner, better levels with clearer ways of attack/defense. Overwatch, fire comes from any direction at any time anywhere. Where's the tactics and strategy there?

In TF2 it is super easy to see who the enemy is - if you are BLU, you shoot the RED guys and vice versa. Overwatch, it's hard to tell who's friend or foe because everyone basically looks exactly the same, except for the small hovering nameplate and outline, both of which often are hard to interpret IMO because of the flat, overexposed visuals and general visual noise from shots and explosions and so on. Again: fail.

Well, I did get a minipet for world of warcraft out of this game. Always something, I guess.

Very surprised I liked this game.. but it's a blast and the characters are pretty rad! I expected nothing less coming from Blizzard! I wish they will make either a movie based on this game or some TV series. They really have a hit on their hands and the shorts themselves are more interesting than even the Incredibles from Pixar.

My main right now is Genji (I love katana wielding samurais). Love the balance in the game, and while I would have liked more texture detail (i.e. the shorts), the graphics are beautiful and lush. Seems like they are using most of the latest tech (SSR, AO, soft shadows, etc.) which makes it look pretty consistent.

Game definitely deserves it's 90%+ rankings.

It's extremely addictive. Once people realize how each hero is differ by and it's not just preference, something clicks for them and the game becomes so much better.

I think a lot of people get stuck just using a hero thinking they would be applicable in many scenarios but it's just not true.

Counter picking and proper team composition, as well as understanding how to use your hero, is absolutely imperative to winning as a team.

Of course not everyone is interested in team objective play though. But blizzard has done a good job encouraging players to play the objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Overwatch until 3 AM last night... Hardly awake coding a super complex compute shader :D

I am mainly playing on console now (played some PC beta, but bought the game on PS4).

I mostly play Zarya. He is a very good all around character. She plays the tank role when the team is well organized (shields herself, shields opponents, takes damage, does damage, very good in pushing through). But he can also be in the back row shooting ballistic energy grenades on enemies from far away (area damage). I also like that he is able to win most 1:1 battles alone in case I need to go solo. He has awesome DPS when his weapon is fully charged + high hitpoints (part of it regenerates) + personal shield (2 second invulnerability every 10 seconds).

In defense missions I play Symmetra. Her sentry guns are great traps for attackers + help her win 1:1 battles (I tend to be close to my sentrys protecting the teleporter). Teleporter is great for defense missions, since the defending teams distance from the start point is very long at the beginning. I like her energy balls that do 120 damage on impact. Super effective against Reinhard's shield, as the energy balls fly right through the shield and all opponents behind it (120 damage each). But she is crap in matches when the team is not organized. She needs tanks to survive.

I finally found my second main. Zarya. Once I understood how she works and that you basically play defensive/support at first until your gun is charged...then, mayhem and chaos! Best combined with the super!

Junkrat, Zarya. Game is a blast.

Also playing on PS4, if someone wants to play together, let's do it!

I hear the meta game is very different on console compared to PC due to control schemes. On PC snipers are amazing powerful with some individuals who are sniper masters and they can keep a team down entirely almost on their own.

Where on console because turn rate is slower many individuals are playing towards flanking style characters because it's harder for people to react to multiple fronts (I noticed a lot of people online are upset that he main choke points are entirely exposed from multiple directions)

But don't understand that TANKs like Winston are there to put up area effect bubble shields!! Or tanks in genera are there to cut off the flanks if played right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back