PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
False insider like always at least give a link. It will be funny to read..

No he's not one of those spammer 'insiders', and he would've been banned a long time ago if he was. Can't post the link right now but he knew about 8GB and many other things since then. His name is gopherd. If you search you'll find it easily.

He also mentions dual GPU's btw.

If, in the best case scenario for Sony that they baited and switched, what would their winning strategy be like? I can't imagine pushing something too much higher than a 6tf console without selling at a monstrous price. Would people pay $599 for a mid gen upgrade? So many questions need to be answered.

If, in the best case scenario for Sony that they baited and switched, what would their winning strategy be like? I can't imagine pushing something too much higher than a 6tf console without selling at a monstrous price. Would people pay $599 for a mid gen upgrade? So many questions need to be answered.

N a year I'll probably need a second machine for a second room. XBone Slim to the second room or bump the PS4 there in favor of the PS4K in the main room.

"First" world problems.

PS20XKAIOKEN.

20Tflops.

But you can play it for only 20min a Day or it melts
*Must be refrigerated at all times* ^^
I think they will try to depend on the larger userbase they have created so far as the advantage. With the PS4 and PS4 Neo cross-compat.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out though, if/when Scorpio hits at a 1.5x perf. In a way I kind of want it to happen, just as an experiment to see how it would work as a mid-gen upgrade/mid-gen new console at so much higher perf.

Why go higher the goal of Sony is probably to be competitive if Scorpio is 5,7 Tflops the goal is to be 5,7 Tflops.

No he's not one of those spammer 'insiders', and he would've been banned a long time ago if he was. Can't post the link right now but he knew about 8GB and many other things since then. His name is gopherd. If you search you'll find it easily.

He also mentions dual GPU's btw.

Dual GPU I see when he talked about the 8 GB but maybe he was ironic and it was a joke.

I know it is an insider but talk about dual GPU is not very serious.

The bait and switch theory seems to come out every generation for the rumored weaker console. But is that reality? In the history of consoles, has any company ever lied to their partners to just throw off a competitor? I can't think of anything. They might withhold specs or say it's not set, but to actually lie? PS4 might upclock the CPU and/or GPU a bit if they have thermal room, but it's not going to wholesale be different.

The bait and switch theory seems to come out every generation for the rumored weaker console. But is that reality? In the history of consoles, has any company ever lied to their partners to just throw off a competitor? I can't think of anything. They might withhold specs or say it's not set, but to actually lie? PS4 might upclock the CPU and/or GPU a bit if they have thermal room, but it's not going to wholesale be different.

If they want to have comparable power they need to delay the console.

Last edited:
Yea I wonder what the price difference will be too. Or maybe there will be none.

At the very least a 4 Tflop versus 6 Tflop GPU I assume would cost different at manufacturing level.
I'd they want to have comparable power they need to delay the console.
Yes.

But I think what he is saying is that generally we don't see the console makers really make any drastic changes after most rumours come out about their performance.

Just based on history, it is unlikely for change.

The end goal is to compete on the sales/profit end also, not just to be the most powerful (not that this hurt the PS4 vanilla). Hitting the sweet spot in price also helps here I think (remember PS4 launched at a "lower" price than Xbone, because Xbone included Kinect at $500 at the start).

The price/performance discussion will be really interesting post-E3. I wonder if we will get prices at this time even actually.

I don't think Sony has an option of delaying to release a more powerful console. It would be more than a year delay at this point. SOC's take 3-4 years at least from concept to market. You can't just decide near the end to make major modifications without a major hit on the schedule, likely more than a year.

But is it possible for Sony to have a number of different upgrade designs ready to go like Neo standard, Neo lite, Neo ultra? I'm sure they would have left some tweaking rooms to respond to the competition right? Or maybe just one design that's highly flexible.

Conspiracy theory bellow:

Why take such an expensive GPU, with 36 CU, capable of 1350 Mhz and 6 Tflops, and put it at 911Mhz?
Talk about power and money waste specially in face of a possible Scorpio with 6 Tflops.

This is something that makes me think, specially when Bagel said something about an insider on Neogaf claiming the Neo Specs are just bait...

Another strange thing is 911Mhz... why such a strange number. Besides beeing way bellow the chip capabilities, why not 920 or 950 or any rounder number?
Now this is a conspiracy theory, but... 911... 9 11.. 11 september... The terrorist attack on the twin towers?

It is also highly doubtfull that Sony keeps the Jaguar since it is produced at 28 nm, and polaris is 14 nm. This would create an adicional cost, specially to create and keep this custom production line. Besides, the Jaguar, even at 2.1 Ghz, could keep beeing a bottleneck, specially for a 4 Tflops GPU.

Remember Devs confirmed the Neo, but as far as I know, not the Neo specs. Those were just rumoured!

Why take such an expensive GPU, with 36 CU, capable of 1350 Mhz and 6 Tflops, and put it at 911Mhz?
Talk about power and money waste specially in face of a possible Scorpio with 6 Tflops.

Yields.
Another strange thing is 911Mhz... why such a strange number. Besides beeing way bellow the chip capabilities, why not 920 or 950 or any rounder number?
Now this is a conspiracy theory, but... 911... 9 11.. 11 september... The terrorist attack on the twin towers?

Someone notify the police. :runaway:

Going to channel jeff rigby a little, bear with me. What if this was actually for PS4 all along, just not the 2013 one :O

95dd2b6d.jpg

And this comes back into play..
DYNAMIC CONTEXT SWITCHING BETWEEN ARCHITECTURALLY DISTINCT GRAPHICS PROCESSORS

0046] Embodiments of the present invention as described herein may be extended to enable dynamic load balancing between two or more graphics processors for the purpose of increasing performance at the cost of power, but with architecturally similar GPUs (not identical GPUs as with SLI). By way of example, and not by way of limitation, a context switch may be performed between the two similar GPUs based on which one would have the higher performance for processing a given set of GPU input. Performance may be based, e.g., on an estimated amount of time or number of processor cycles to process the input.

Then insiders dropping hints of 2 gpu's, sli, etc. Could Navi be a long time Sony AMD joint effort?

Last edited:
Ugh by SVP I thought it was a dude from SVP "smooth motion" also works for Sony. Then I realized it's senior vice president...

Btw if the switching is done automatically, how developers can tailor their game to squeeze each drop of ps4k performance while keeping the user experience consistent?

Like when the user looking at the sky, then looking right at front.

Edit: I just realized android did something like that just fine using "governor" to decide when to plug and unplug CPU cores with different types (MTK SoC like to combines "big.LITTLE", instead of segregating them)

Going to channel jeff rigby a little, bear with me. What if this was actually for PS4 all along, just not the 2013 one :O

95dd2b6d.jpg

And this comes back into play..
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=45642269]DYNAMIC CONTEXT SWITCHING BETWEEN ARCHITECTURALLY DISTINCT GRAPHICS PROCESSORS[/Url]

Then insiders dropping hints of 2 gpu's, sli, etc. Could Navi be a long time Sony AMD joint effort?

A bit of seriousness Jeff Rigby GAF...:LOL: Dual GPU for fuck sake...I know it is kaoiken topic but seriously...

I think Gopher was just joking and must laugh about his joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back