PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dilettante's Navi speculation may actually be right on the money.

If Sony will continue to produce a slim version of PS4 alongside PS4K, it would probably be in their best interests cost wise to be able to reuse the same GPU manufactured for the slim, but doubling or tripling it up via an interposer for the 4K model. Sony at this point is their best friend, in the ability to shift 20 million units per year, influencing game developers and shaping GPU trends. It makes sense for PS4K, and then PS5 to adopt a multi GPU paradigm, and that Sony would get first dibs of Navi, or some precursor offshoot of it for consoles.

Just watch this video for a strong explanation on why this is likely, so I don't need to type more. Skip ahead to 8m to cut to the chase.

Looks like MS got stuck with shitty Vega :(

My post was being tongue-in-cheek concerning "just" slapping on a chip after every competitor's press conference.
Navi's tentative roadmap presence puts it far-off for any near/medium-term hardware, and while I'm sure AMD would like for a customer to bite, I wouldn't know at this point who has or would.

They can't hide the specs from devs, and since most of the reliable publications had multiple sources corroborating this (i.e. devs), I don't see how they can bait-and-switch something so important.

Ahh, most if not all 3rd party devs knew nothing of Sony's plan of adding the additional 4GB of GDDR5 ram until the official PS4 E3 reveal.

Another things the Sony Rep tells PSVR and PS4 are the fall 2016 product...

The only new information was the NMS delay and the PS Neo will not be available this year...

Imo the PS4 NEO is not a PSVR product but is a reaction to the Scorpio. Sony was knowing that Microsoft will release a new console and try to do like with the 360... Sony don't want to be late on the market like with the PS3...

They can't relax on PS4 success but try to capitalize on it with iterative console and forward compatibility...

As long as neither console is coming out, they both have some sort of time to grab the next best piece of technology coming. Also give us a better idea to deduce whats coming before it's announced.

If either console is announced this E3, I'm not banking on their being any real details.

They can't hide the specs from devs, and since most of the reliable publications had multiple sources corroborating this (i.e. devs), I don't see how they can bait-and-switch something so important.

It is sure but if you remember well the PS4 timing and everything was well hidden like the 8 GB of GDDR5. The spec are the right one but I think Sony was open about it because they wanted to know what Microsoft have under the hood.

It would have been a cataclysm to learn this next year. They would have been stuck with their plan and no possibility to change it....

The exact things the Sony reps said to my friend at least we have an idea of what is going on on the Xbox side and like everything Phil Spencer has done it will be a great product.

Imo the only option is delay the launch I hope for them it is not launch one year later but maybe 4 to 6 months after Microsoft... The European PS3 launch was in the beginning of 2007 and it was a success...

Last edited:
Imo the PS4 NEO is not a PSVR product but is a reaction to the Scorpio. Sony was knowing that Microsoft will release a new console and try to do like with the 360... Sony don't want to be late on the market like with the PS3...

They can't relax on PS4 success but try to capitalize on it with iterative console and forward compatibility...
:LOL:
Everything we saw this gen were MS reactions to Sony's moves. Neo comes first, of course it's a reaction to Scorpio :D
Xbox is not a big competitor anymore in worldwide market unless Wii-like phenomenon.

:LOL:
Everything we saw this gen were MS reactions to Sony's moves. Neo comes first, of course it's a reaction to Scorpio :D
Xbox is not a big competitor anymore in worldwide market unless Wii-like phenomenon.

And when they will be complacent and let Microsoft dominate US and UK like last gen they will have problem. Ideally Sony would have wait 5 years to launch a new console they will launch a new one after 4 years...

And I am happy they don't think like you and are ready to fight...

And when they will be complacent and let Microsoft dominate US and UK like last gen they will have problem. Ideally Sony would have wait 5 years to launch a new console they will launch a new one after 4 years...

And I am happy they don't think like you and ate ready to fight...
They are certainly not complacent. Things like RemotePlay, SharePlay, PSVR suggest it.

Into Sony Forecast Videogames will be the biggest revenues and profit next fiscal year... They can't be complacent... It is no so important for Microsoft but vital for Sony...
Yes, XBox is not important for MS at all.

Last edited:
They are certainly not complacent. Things like RemotePlay, SharePlay, PSVR suggest it.

And that all of this will be finish when Microsoft will take the lead next generation in UK and US and lost in rest of the world but regaining some market share they lost coming from the 360.

I am European and it was common to know people with a 360 in France but now the PS4 is the new PS2 in continental Europe because Sony have done things right. And they need to continue to do the right thing...

Last edited:
And that all of this will be finish when Microsoft will take the lead next generation in UK and US and lost in rest of the world but regaining some market share they lost coming from the 360.
Why would MS take the lead next generation? Are there any indications? I think not.

Also does not France like Japanese games? Xbox will never get them anymore.

Why would MS take the lead next generation? Are there any indications? I think not.

Also does not France like Japanese games? Xbox will never get them anymore.

Japanese game is a niche even in France not very big but not tiny too but not enough to be the be a new PS2. Last gen in France it was less than 2 to 1 advantage for PS3 now it is near 3 to 1 for PS4 and will continue to grow...

I divide the market between three category: the hardcore gamer(know everything exclusives games for example), the mainstream gamer (only big franchises like COD, GTA, Star Wars Battlefront, sport with Fifa, Madden or NBA2K. ..)and casual gamer. Only the last category have no idea of the console power.

If the PS4 NEO is 4, 14 Tflops and the Scorpio between 5 and 6 Tflops they will be again the leader in US and UK and probably won some marketshare in other market..

They will not top Sony in continental Europe or France because the biggest strength of Sony in continental Europe is the brand but they will take back some consumer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back