NVIDIA shows signs ... [2008 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the transcript, when asked about Q2 Pascal volume and 16FF yields:
Pascal was just announced for 1080 and 1070, and both of those products are in full production. We're in production with Tesla P100, and so all of our Pascal products that we've announced are in full production, so we're expecting a lot.
Yields are good. ... And this is now a year behind when the first 16-nanometer FinFET products went into production in TSMC. They have yields under great control.
No surprises there.

JPR's Q1 2016 AIB numbers

http://www.jonpeddie.com/publications/add-in-board-report

AIB-1-PR.PNG

Y-on-Y looks pretty stable

Man if you'd bought NV stock a few years ago when everyone was pooping on it you'd be set.

Bought my first shares at ~$6 in 2004 ;)
People should look to invest in Nvidia over the short term, after they announce the Nintendo NX SoC deal I expect shareholders to overreact and boost stocks temporarily by at least 8%.

Nvidia settles class-actions concerning GTX 970's #memorygate for $30 reimbursement per card for US-customers and agrees to pay 1.3m in laywer fees.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...graphics-card-false-advertising-class-action/
(hope I got this legalese right, english is not my native language...)
Glad to see a reasonable outcome for all involved, compensates consumers for false advertising and inflicts enough damage on Nvidia for them to not try this nonsense again, while also not being a ridiculous amount which would benefit no one.

Yes, it's also good that there is no cap on the amount of money used for reimbursement. So all 970 purchasers who felt they were mislead and want to file will be guaranteed a part of the settlement. That is unlike many class action suits where there is X dollars per claimant up to but not exceeding Y total amount.

Regards,
SB

Has anyone started selling 16nm laptop GPU's? I haven't been keeping up with the latest on that front.

Neither AMD or NV have started selling them yet (retail availability I mean). AMD has sort of "announced" the RX480M in their Polaris presentation where they list it as a 16 CU part (Polaris 11) with 35W TDP. Polaris 11 will launch on August 8th so I suspect we might get some more info then.

As Pharma lists above, expect to see mobile versions of Pascal at Gamescom (GP104 and GP106 for now)

I'm waiting for the release of the new GPUs myself..the finfet process should bring even better perf/w gains at slightly lower mobile clocks.

I'm waiting for the release of the new GPUs myself..the finfet process should bring even better perf/w gains at slightly lower mobile clocks.
I'm waiting for HBM2, but then I start heading down the rabbit hole and think about waiting for 10nm...

Thanks for the links, glad to see they aren't too far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back