PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finished the game and none of the big and amazing set pieces, nor what happened in the game at all (I mean, apart from going around looking for 'something', shooting people), were spoiled for me. Maybe I missed them. This is the only forum I use.

PS4 has been out for 2.5 years. UC4 will probably run at 60fps on neo. If you haven't bought a PS4 by now you should wait a little longer until you hear from Sony on new console. Not a complicated decision in my mind...

Apologies if this has been brought up already but is there any possibility of a much faster PS4 bringing in PS3 BC by brute force emulation?

Apologies if this has been brought up already but is there any possibility of a much faster PS4 bringing in PS3 BC by brute force emulation?

Isn't it the case that emulation of the SPE's is best suited to a GPU? If so, from my ignorant perspective, I would assume that a more powerful GPU should improve the feasibility of emulation.

If Sony did that, along with an improvement of the streaming hardware to 1080p60, they'd have a single console capable of playing every digitally purchased PS game. That single console would also lend itself well to the streaming requirements of PSNow, as it would run at a low TDP whilst enlarging the potential library of the service.

It would be beneficial to Sony's ecosystem, and Microsoft have already established the fact that there is a market for the previous generation's games on newer hardware, without the requisite cost of a remaster.

So yeah... if there are any emulation experts in this thread, I'd also love to know if this rumoured upgrade might bring about the PS3 library on a much less clunky system.

Yea I'm quite unhappy that B/C only provides for digital titles.

I would be alright with that if all the titles were upgraded to near-1080p60 but that seems not to be the case...

I'll stick with emulation personally on that front. I don't feel the need to buy the games digitally again when mostly they only upgrade the resolution to 2x or so, something which I can do the same on my computer for free lol.

If the following benchmarks are accurate it looks like there isn't any huge efficiency increase for Polaris with regards to performance/flop:

http://videocardz.com/60253/amd-radeon-r9-480-3dmark11-benchmarks
http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-480-polaris-10-july/

These were supposedly taken at a core clock speed of 1266Mhz. Scaling the score back to 911Mhz gives 11,631, or roughly in line with where we'd expect a 380x to sit. Naturally scaling back linearly with clock speed won't be entirely accurate and so that factor would boost the score, however the benchmarks above were also taken with 1925Mhz memory as opposed to the rumoured 1700 mhz memory of the PS4K so on balance the PS4K may post an even lower score than 11,631, especially after taking memory contention into account.

Of course, it's possible that these benchmarks are fake, or were taken with crappy immature drivers so the whole thing should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Rumor from a friend working in retail and had a meeting with a Sony rep

Sony have a more precise idea about the next Xbox announcement at E3 and release just after E3

A non announced exclusive game will be release for end of year.

No Man Sky is not coming next month and delay until at least August.

No PS4 Neo this year, PSVR is the end of year product.

Edit: he didn't precise if it is Xbox One slim or Xbox Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back