The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Yeah, but otherwise ... it's terrible but so far I am not feeling it this season. Hope it picks up.

I kinda like this season so far. The previous one felt like an attempt from the showrunners to wait for Martin to finish Winds of Winter, like they were trying to stall things here and there just for that.

This time, it's more like they're in full control - getting rid of plots and characters they don't consider necessary any longer, and advancing the plot at a considerable pace. Yeah there are some mistakes, and not just small ones - I hate Dorne in the show - but it's still a lot more exciting now. Obviously it also has to do with advancing into uncharted territory, and while I certainly wonder how Martin's version will turn out to be, it's still good fun.

I'm still enjoying it. The women, particularly Sansa, seem to have been allowed to grow a pair in the past few episodes. I don't feel like it has a strong direction but then again to be honest I'm not that bothered. It has great production values and it's worth it just for the colourful characters.

I just binged on all of Almost Human this weekend. Fuck Fox for killing another good sci-fi show. Still worth watching even though you know there will be many loose ends.

I am just wondering why some stuff is so different to the books.

Is Martin involved in story of this and the next season?

I do like the season.

PS: or maybe it is not different to the books, but just compressed, with the results (who dies, who wins) are the same?! I am talking about the election of a new leader of the ironmen for instance...the books went on forever about this story part and in the episode it was basically 2min only until the decision.

Last edited:
HOOODDDOORRRRR

:cry:

Thought that was a bit cheesy myself. Never read any of the books so no idea if it is a Martin-ism or something cooked up by the show's producers.

The gratuitous cock shot made an interesting change from the usual gratuitous tit shot (which was still there, of course) in the most recent episode!

I just binged on all of Almost Human this weekend. Fuck Fox for killing another good sci-fi show. Still worth watching even though you know there will be many loose ends.
Yep, good show

Check fringe if you haven't watched it, sci-fi and the same creative team

Last edited:
@Michellstar Thanks, I just watched the pilot episode. Took me a while to get into the silliness of it, but it ramped up towards the end. The intrigue seems pretty well trodden stuff but it works - I do want to know more, and I liked the characters.

Preacher. It's rather unique. It's difficult to describe without ruining the revelations.

I've been watching The Last Ship from the start and despite being a TNT show with Michael Bay as Executive Producer, I'm actually quite enjoying it. Was not quite nearly as stupid as I thought it would be with Bay having a hand in it. It actually is somewhat more violent and dark than I would have assumed as well.

I've been watching all of Archer on Netflix recently. I thought that was a lot of fun!

I like the current GoT season. Might be because the last one wasn't a particularly tough act to follow, but whatever the reasons, I'm entertained.
I also stopped watching Daredevil season 2, Penny Dreadful season 2, and probably something else too. I thought all of them were rather dull so far. Kingpin is sorely missed as a driving force in Daredevil, and Penny D is losing itself in flashback episodes all over again.

Finished watching Better Call Saul season 2, which was also mostly dull.
Sherlock was the big revelation for me. Binge-watched the whole thing.

I recommend you stick to Daredevil. Penny Dreadful S2 also had some pretty good episodes and works to a satisfying conclusion so I did not regret watching it, but your life won't be much richer for watching it either.

GoT is pretty good, but I am getting a bit tired of imagining for how long they will be able to stretch out the inevitable thing it seems to work towards. I am enjoying it, but not excited by it.

I am also following Orphan Black, which after a brief moment of hesitation about why the new season even exists has totally justified itself and has me hooked. It is just really enjoyable to watch.

Finally, every time I am down with anything like a flu and my mental faculties are reduced, I am capable of enjoying Arrow, though this time despite being ill I am still occasionally offended by the ham-fisted acting and dwelling on superficial emotions.

My wife also lives Sherlock - I haven't tried it much (assuming you mean the Lucy Liu version)

I liked Daredevil S2 better than S1. It felt much more dynamic with more characters. Although "The hand" is one of the most stupid and boring villans ever.

My wife also lives Sherlock - I haven't tried it much (assuming you mean the Lucy Liu version)

Oh god no. The Lucy Liu version is absolute garbage. Its called Elementary.

The only real version is called Sherlock and its produced by BBC. It is amazingly good, despite being written or run by Moffat (the worst Doctor Who show).

Oh god no. The Lucy Liu version is absolute garbage. Its called Elementary.

The only real version is called Sherlock and its produced by BBC. It is amazingly good, despite being written or run by Moffat (the worst Doctor Who show).

Ah ok. She loved that too ;) but I did are Some of those episodes and I didn't like it that much. Too much moriarty, I think.

Shannara Chronicles) Fantasy series about elves, humans and orcs living 3000 years in the future after the human world was destroyed. I'd say the setting has potential but the writing and acting isn't that great. I suppose since this show is made by MTV its mostly aimed at teenagers and it shows. It's not terrible but not great either.

I would give it a 6.5/10.

11.22.63) Somebody travels back in time to try and prevent JFK from being assassinated. A friend recommended this though he did mention the ending would be cheezy. I liked this show. They did a good job at making everything look like the 60's though being born in the 80's I might not be the best judge of that. The acting and writing is good though because time travel is involved this does cause some issues. Mostly you can just ignore it but I do think the writers failed with the ending. They went with the "happy ending" instead of the "you've made your choice, now deal with it" ending.

7.5/10

The Expanse) Somebody a couple of pages back mentioned this not being that great but I liked it. Would recommend watching it if you like SF/space.

7.8/10

The 100) The world has become inhabitable by nuclear war and mankind fled into space were apparently they had a dozen space stations floating around that somehow they combined into one. After almost a century the space station starts falling apart and to see if earth is inhabitable again they send a 100 criminal teenagers back to earth.

I've almost finished watching season one and it's pretty fun so far. There appear to be some things about the background story and the world itself that don't much sense but if you watch it as a action/survival show with a bit of SF in the mix it's not a big deal. The acting and writing is good enough and there is plenty of stuff going on to prevent you from thinking too much about some of the things that don't make much sense.

8.0/10

Preacher) Watched the first episode. Wow. I guess the record for amount of kills per hour probably belongs to Spartacus but this should definitely score high on the kills/creativity ratio. Looks like this will be pretty fun to watch.

9.0/10?

Back