Post Xbox One Two Scorpio, what should Sony do next? *spawn* (oh, and Nintendo?)

"The new WDM allows 35 MCUs reconfigurable bonus can be activated, then in this case the configurable arc E2 Doug project enables the feature level 12_1 on XBox ONE and thus a higher level of granularity to place the correct bit in the place where it belongs through deep code. (E2 Project Doug Burger, here)"

Ok, this just has to be mockery.

It's clear they just picked a term or bullet point from a tech PPT whenever they ran out of their own claptrap and continued on undeterred.

Really quite something to have kept up steam for so long, makes your brain hurt and your sides split in equal measure.

"The new WDM allows 35 MCUs reconfigurable bonus can be activated, then in this case the configurable arc E2 Doug project enables the feature level 12_1 on XBox ONE and thus a higher level of granularity to place the correct bit in the place where it belongs through deep code. (E2 Project Doug Burger, here)"

Lol, I missed that. I should have read the whole thing.

I felt like that particular section read like some legit tech document mangled by google autotranslate. If someone actually wrote that on purpose I have to give them credit for it. ;)

You should control your tempus fugit, people. You are becoming part of the collective body.
I felt like that particular section read like some legit tech document mangled by google autotranslate. If someone actually wrote that on purpose I have to give them credit for it. ;)
Well, not mangled at all. The original is in Spanish, and it is my 2nd language, native level (I am spaniard after all), and the original http://www.truegamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1664&p=85190#p85190 article is the same thing. Lots of sophisticated jargon, terms and stuff.

Where I find their translation more hilarious is when the article says "vagus dev" :D (which means lazy developers :) , vago is lazy is spanish, but other than that, it's mostly a word to word translation).

Regardless of the language, be it english, spanish or whatever, didn't anyone find that the article is written in a 1st year of Compulsory Secondary Education level?

Last edited:
Hell, even the RTC (real-time clock) unit of Xbone has a Tflops-capable vector co-processor, for accurate time dilation effects when used in conjunction with Kinect and HoloLens. Strange they did not mention this! You can do proper bullet time sequences, in real life, using this tech. That ought to be worth at least a mention I thought...

I suppose it's because MS never enabled the feature in firmware. They must be scared of the lawsuits, if people injured themselves or broke furniture during a stunt. :p

This is almost as bad as intentional trolling...worse in some ways. I enjoy my X1 and the games on it, but MS messed up this generation with an under powered system relative to PS4.

It's alright (Xbox being underpowered).

When it comes down to it, if you enjoy using the system then it's doing its job. I think any device can be summed up like that. People who are into pseudo science are just looking for fake science to satisfy/justify their own position. In this case, some people cannot get over the fact that it's a weaker system, and someone choosing weaker hardware appears to have some sort of connection to who they are - so they'll write up whatever it takes to keep them out of their position. It's better for some people to believe in make believe than it is to face the truth, not because the truth is negative (2 is greater than 1), but because the truth makes them feel inferior.

I've got a great PC sitting beside my xbox, and yea when I play the games I'm thinking yea this would look and run better on my PC, but I get over the graphical issue pretty fast. I like playing specific games and sometimes those games only exist on console (i.e. Halo, i.e... if I had a PS4 uncharted, or ratchet and clank). i also like certain sitting down experiences, and big TV experiences. I like how fast consoles turn on and off. And simultaneously, I like certain games on PC that really feels great with mouse keyboard and a super high refresh rate. I mean at the end of it, we're just looking for the best entertainment experiences, and they come in all flavours.

It's sad that Xbox has this weird group that continues to build conspiracy theories around the hardware for some unknown reason, but as long as people don't apply their mentality to everyone else that owns and enjoys Xbox, that's fine by me.

This is almost as bad as intentional trolling...worse in some ways. I enjoy my X1 and the games on it, but MS messed up this generation with an under powered system relative to PS4.

Well you've just hit upon the main point. Microsoft is going to continue to be subjected to these kinds of criticisms for the life of the Xbox One. I mean look at it, the Xbox One is so open to trolling that there are even parodies on trolling it now. lol. It's never going to end. The only way Microsoft would change the narrative is with a new fresh start. Whether it's this year or 2017, Microsoft should do everything to put a check in every box that the Xbox One missed.

You know when looking at Microsoft's financials I sometimes wonder why Microsoft even cares. They don't need console or PC gaming at all. Even PC gaming is just legacy for them, it's not where they're earning their money. What gaming contributes to Microsoft as a whole is like throwing a tic-tac over the side of a mountain.

It's alright (Xbox being underpowered).

Not really.. I mean, if you're Microsoft, XB1 being under-powered has killed your market-share and lost you a ton of money.. And if you're a fan of Xbox (as I am), you've been playing games below 1080p and it's taken some of the luster out of your favorite franchises. There is something exciting about games pushing that push graphical boundaries and XB1 games don't really do that!

Beyond that, I agree about these conspiracy theories and this strange mentality of not being able to accept the hardware facts.

There is something exciting about games pushing that push graphical boundaries and XB1 games don't really do that!
I'm not entirely sure I agree with this one. I think we've seen some incredible looking games on Xbox One, albeit not at 1080p resolution necessarily. But I would disagree with the statement that Xbox games are entirely incapable of pushing graphical boundaries because of it's hardware.
When I look at it:
Ryse was a boundary pusher
Rise of Tomb Raider
Forza Horizons 2 to some degree?
SW BF still looked good despite the resolution drop
Halo 5 had some great in-engine cutscenes lol
Quantum Break.
everything else like AC Unity etc, the other great looking games out there still run on Xbox and for the most part runs parity with PS4 with a resolution knock. If resolution is the only thing that defines boundary pushing, we should have ceased working on lighting and shadows a long time ago and made games all about 4K resolution.

If there was a gamers poll:
To 360 owners, "If PS3 was a little more powerful than 360, would you have bought a PS3 instead?"
To PS4 owners, "If XB1 was a little more powerful than PS4, would you have bought an XB1 instead?"

I doubt it would be a high percentage.

If there was a gamers poll:
To 360 owners, "If PS3 was a little more powerful than 360, would you have bought a PS3 instead?"
To PS4 owners, "If XB1 was a little more powerful than PS4, would you have bought an XB1 instead?"

It wouldn't, but that poll would only measure after the fact opinions when people have already used their systems, only have experiences from their choice of console and likely are happy with their purchases. If you flip a major parameter between the consoles, you can be positive that prior to purchase it would have an effect on quite a few people and those people have an effect on other people and in the end it's very hard to claim what would or wouldn't have mattered, because the variables are too many. I personally believe that had One had 50% more GPU resources over the PS4, it's current position in the market would have been significantly better than it is now.

Beyond that, I agree about these conspiracy theories and this strange mentality of not being able to accept the hardware facts.

There's nothing strange about it all. To some, especially the emotionally invested, the fiction was better than the truth. They needed someone to sell them a fantasy about the Xbox One. Unfortunately there were people who were willing to do just that.

What amazed me was how long they allowed themselves to be trolled because the fantasy hardware extrapolations became too ridiculously elaborate. Those tech dives were deeper than anything Microsoft legitimately provided about their own hardware. And despite the continued debunkings, it just went on and on.
The sad commentary in all this I suppose is that they haven't given themselves the chance to enjoy the hardware they actually did purchase for all the waiting for Xbox One's SoC to split open like alien technology and produce another a 2.5D chip or whatever it was these loons were trying to communicate since 2013.

If the bone had internal power supply and a reasonable form factor instead of being the gigantic ugly plastic POS it is now, then I would absolutely have considered it. Bone has the better controller IMO, and Kinect was a pretty neat gadget, even though it ultimately amounted to absolutely fuckall.

Back