Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

I think they might have changed something with the aiming in this patch, feels more precise, like there's less acceleration (or none at all). I like it :yep2:

While I thought there was too much action! Heh!
Me too - I'm on chapter 17. It's dialled back from U3 but is still more combat than I expected from comments of people who finished it. Eurogamer ran an article today on whether U4 was a walking simulator!! :-/

Me too - I'm on chapter 17. It's dialled back from U3 but is still more combat than I expected from comments of people who finished it. Eurogamer ran an article today on whether U4 was a walking simulator!! :-/
It is !!!! It's been an adventure game uptill CH 15. Not an action adventure game at all. I have no idea why my game feels so different from u guys. Its a very entertaining, exceptionally pretty adventure game with clever platforming. As a pure adventure game though SOMA felt better cos its story was stronger, motivation and message was stronger.

You can tell there haven't been much fighting at all from the fact that even at CH 15, there are only two types of enemies. One regular, and one armoured and only one action set piece till now in Madagascar, which was mindblasting honestly.
There is one firefight per chapter till now, one small one , not like UC2 or even 3, speaking generally.

Also, no real villian till now.

7 more chapters to go if the concept art menu is any indication, really hoping the 10/10s came from that part !

Review from the ex-gametrailer guys (finally)!

The first ever 10 from gametrailers, now easyallies

Indiana Jones reference in one optional conversation :D (if the rope wasn't enough)
When you are fighting Nadine if you select "It's not yours" Nate says "Did you know all the artifacts here are stolen? They belong in a museum!"

Here's more details on the patch note :

UPDATE:

Hello Community,

Now that patch 1.03 and live update .013 are out, we wanted to take a moment to update everyone with our full patch notes below. We are actively working on getting more fixes for some of the problems you all have encountered in the wild. If you run into something, please report it here: http://feedback.naughtydog.com/forum...40-uncharted-4

Have fun out there!

GENERAL
Various Localization updates

SINGLE PLAYER
Fixed various crashes
Fixed particle sync issue ß few will know what this means

MULTIPLAYER

Gameplay crash fixes
Fix for Entitlement Limits being reached causing users to not see Uncharted Points they had purchased
Enabled a pop-up to appear while in the menus to inform users of new updates
Fix for Challenge completed pop-up appearing after already completing the challenge
Fix for Loadout Point unlocks not triggering properly
Fix for store item descriptions
Leaderboard text fixes
Fix for post-game medal description
Fix for team favor display for when teams are evenly matched in Ranked TDM
Fixed booster level issue for late-joiners
Sniper Sidekick - Path of Indra mod now plays sound properly when Sniper teleports
Timer display error fix for Matchmaking lobby
Fix for private match settings not being visible after viewing previous game results
Fixed crash that can occur during the end game scoreboard

Command
Fix for a crash that occurs during a game of Command
Fix for store prices sometimes being improper while being a Captain
Fix for contested status icon not updating properly
Fix for late-join player seeing improper status icon

Plunder
Fix for the idol respawn timer not appearing properly
Fix for weapon gameplay issues while hodling the idol
Treasure chest, player starting spawns, & idol spawn locations tweaked
Fix for idol pickup causing loss of functionality
Fix for scoring animation playing improperly
Fix for throwing animation playing improperly

Weapons
Fix for sniper rifle scope-in times
Fix for weapon progression being inappropriately earned
Fix for starting ammo mod on some weapons

Mysticals

Spirit of the Djinn
Fix for timer not working properly
Fix for FX not deactivating properly
Fix for improperly turning off during to network errors
Fix for icon not clearing properly when a player dies while it is active
Fix for not being able to purchase while wating to respawn

Staff of Ayar Manco received a decrease in the ammount of points it contributes towards your Support Score

1.03.013 (MP Only)
Decrease number of Warm-Up matches to unlock other playlists to 1 game
Decreased the maximum Warm-Up matches from 10 to 5
Quit Penalty enabled for Ranked TDM

Just finished the game. It's probably the best Uncharted game (i didn't play the first one though). There is a high level of polish everywhere.

I really liked the variety of environments and the tempo between platform/gunfights.

One of the best moment in the game (just a soundtrack) :

TLOU is still imo ND's best game. And for me the overall best game I played so far.

UC4 is amazing, but so are many games nowadays! We have reached imo a very high quality bar...thinking about it, here is my gaming marathon list: it all started with Dark Souls 3, Ratchet and Clank followed, Alienation, Uncharted 4 and now Doom. All those games are amazing to me and of very high quality!

But, TLOU is for me something else...

Last edited:
This game keeps on giving to me chapter 13 and i'm taking my time, just looking at everything, contemplating the beautiful work done.

I even have two saves so i just replay some chapters before even having finished the game yet.

Last edited:
It is !!!! It's been an adventure game uptill CH 15. Not an action adventure game at all. I have no idea why my game feels so different from u guys. Its a very entertaining, exceptionally pretty adventure game with clever platforming.

It's a shooter interspersed with exploration. I'm not seeing the issue here, how is this different from GTA? Drive to X, get a mission, drive to Y, shoot, drive to Z to complete mission. Or Witcher 3. Or, when you think about it, most narrative driven games? Few are end-to-end combat. Is GTA a driving simulator? :runaway:

This game keeps on giving to me chapter 13 and i'm taking my time, just looking at everything, contemplating the beautiful work done.
I just hit chapter 17 and man are you in for a ramping visual treat from chapter 13 to 17.:yep2: It feels like a crime to move quickly through any areas. I am keen to finish the game this weekend but that isn't going to happen if I stop to gawk every 10 feet. :nope:

It's a shooter interspersed with exploration. I'm not seeing the issue here, how is this different from GTA? Drive to X, get a mission, drive to Y, shoot, drive to Z to complete mission. Or Witcher 3. Or, when you think about it, most narrative driven games? Few are end-to-end combat. Is GTA a driving simulator? :runaway:

I just hit chapter 17 and man are you in for a ramping visual treat from chapter 13 to 17.:yep2: It feels like a crime to move quickly through any areas. I am keen to finish the game this weekend but that isn't going to happen if I stop to gawk every 10 feet. :nope:
No, it's an exploration game interspersed with shooting. Wasn't so uptill UC3, and that is the problem. Most of the chapters don't even have a proper shootout, just a customary appearance of a few goons cos it hasn't happened for a while.

I have concrete problems with this game but I will hold out my listing till I finish it. Maybe it all makes for an explosive finish, maybe not.
Right now the game is all about exceptional beauty and fun banter, not about shooting.

TLOU had super high tension gratifying shootouts , this one is not even close. In fact I am wondering what would I even replay later. Excpet for the Madagascar chase , there has been no high octane action section at all till CH 15.

I will stop my rant till I finish it, but no this is not what was Uncharted for me. I recently played 1 &2 in the remaster and they were proper action games with interludes of calm puzzle solving and monkeying around.

Are you playing on moderate by any chance? Both Hard and Crushing have increased number of enemies + more aggressive A.I.

Playing through crushing right now and it has even more enemies than hard.

TLOU had super high tension gratifying shootouts , this one is not even close.

Couldn't disagree more, the gameplay and A.I. alone put this above anything TLOU had to offer gameplay/encounter wise for me. I had this awesome shootout this morning playing on crushing:

I was never so exhilarated playing Uncharted/TLOU and i'd easily put this up with the best TPS I've ever played.

I tried hard but it was just so.... Hard! You get killed with like two shots, and the enemies never seem to die! What's the point?
Yeah it's poorly balanced, crushing ain't that much of a leap in difficulty from hard (just more enemies and snappy A.I.).

Back