UC4: Best looking gameplay? *SPOILS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Nathan is hanging off of something his fingers start to tremble and he has to reposition them. Will make a gif out of that, very neat detail that i only noticed during my second playthrough...

Edit: Here it is
u4animvsuy0.gif

Edit#2: That only happens if he is only hanging by his hands. If he has both hands and legs on something he is more stable and the trembling doesn't happen!

Edit#3: It also happens if you have less than 10 fingers when Nathan has his legs on something

Example (2 right hand, 4 left):
u4anim23guu6.gif

8 fingers, more comfortable position
u4anim3l8uqi.gif

Last edited:
I actually thought that level is the worse looking level in the game so far. I hated it. Tomb Raider's levels that are close to this art destroy it in detail @ 4k. I was very disappointed with this level.
Mate, you can blow TR to 8k and it still wont change a damn thing about its cross gen assets, level quality and primitive lighting. The foliage and lighting are just down right embarrassing, even to modern standard. I'm pretty sure which game destroys which in their similar levels.
TROTTR PC
2016-01-26_00006-noscale.jpg

UC4
26984561325_61f56a7a2c_o.png

Yeah RotTR doesn't look that good in a similar location to Scotland (Geothermal Valley).

Not my pictures.
V4ZgZDS.png

06ZRwMr.png

SqoU7HA.png

0Erfsdd.png

XpNdPD7.png

U0jxW7L.png

2UXbAxB.png

Graphically it is not as constant in my view. Just look at the Cup in the last image.

EDIT:

Btw, UC4 has a new contender -- DOOM. :p Holy shit that game looks/runs beautifully @ 4k! I love love love games that focus on getting lighting and shadowing correct. I just texted and congratulated one of the senior lighters that worked on DOOM (who used to work at my company). They did an awesome job!

I just saw it but for me it is at the moment technically not an outstanding game. It does look good in my opinion, but not outstanding.

Last edited:
You know you have an outstanding looking game when you compare its 1080p image with the latest PC games at 4K. :yep2:

Finally had my Uncharted wow moments starting chapter 12 and forward. The game had me worried. It's like they put the worst looking levels at the beginning. But now it's wow, wow, wow. Now it's really looking organic! Particularly that incredibly big set-piece in chapter 13, my favorite so far :love:.

ROTR looks bad 80% of the time... it only looks good in tombs = 20% of the game.

Just because a game does not look as good as UC4, does not mean "it looks bad". ROTTR is widely regarded as a very good looking game aside from some aliasing issues. Claiming it looks bad (or worse as others have claimed, I think the word 'joke' has been used) is just silly.

When Nathan is hanging off of something his fingers start to tremble and he has to reposition them. Will make a gif out of that, very neat detail that i only noticed during my second playthrough...

Impressive, though in that specific exemple, he should have just wraped his hand around the metal bar. Funny how much atention to detail goes into certain things, while others go forgotten.

Just because a game does not look as good as UC4, does not mean "it looks bad". ROTTR is widely regarded as a very good looking game aside from some aliasing issues. Claiming it looks bad (or worse as others have claimed, I think the word 'joke' has been used) is just silly.

Agreed, RotTR doesn't look bad. It was in my top 5 for best looking games last year as well. Sometimes in trying to make a point we all make a fool of ourselves. I have to say though, the two open areas (Soviet Camp/Geothermal Valley) in RotTR don't look anywhere near as good as the rest of the game imo, and that's where the aliasing issues and shimmering are most apparent. Still a good looking game overall. And an achievement on consoles to get that game to run at a full 1080p and mostly 30 fps on X1 (except for cutscenes where the game drops to 1440x1080).

Played TR on X1 and it looked great, had perfect gameplay and a great story...there is imo nothing to complain about this game.

UC4 looks better to me. But TR can look stunning at times as well and let my jaw drop more than once!

The next TR, made only for the new consoles will be amazing...can't wait!

Fair enough and i think it's true for almost any game this gen.

Impressive, though in that specific exemple, he should have just wraped his hand around the metal bar. Funny how much atention to detail goes into certain things, while others go forgotten.
Wouldn't that be a little more difficult to get right without clipping? UC4 does it well but I did see instances where the contact point isn't actually touching the geometry, I can imagine getting the character to grab a pipe correctly could present a few more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back