Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still Elena Fisher?
It may not be that uncommon nowadays for a spouse to not change surnames (big hassle with accounts etc.). The child could take on the surname of either parent (my nieces have the father's, for example).

Rafe Adler
26366088024_4cfb32ecb7_o.png
Has a bit of the Robert Patrick T-1000 look there.

The most impressive is that you can accept the three characters as the same person at various ages; same goes for Drake as well.

As for sharing work, ND's artists used to post a lot of stuff from the previous games as well. UC2, 3, TLOU, all had threads on for example the ZbrushCentral forum. I'll look around to see if there are some; but then again we've already had a very close look at Drake a long time ago, so it's now mostly about some high quality renders.

I didn't even notice that the flashback Sam/Nate from Prison had younger model than the ones that we see in the rest of the game, I thought they were the same.

I wonder when we can get those realistic lighting from the renders in game? I think the next step up is to work on the character lighting solution in gameplay than subdivide more polys or higher res textures. Of course more complex shaders is always a plus. Perhaps PS5 would have enough power to render those cutscene lighting in game?

I wonder when we can get those realistic lighting from the renders in game? I think the next step up is to work on the character lighting solution in gameplay than subdivide more polys or higher res textures. Of course more complex shaders is always a plus. Perhaps PS5 would have enough power to render those cutscene lighting in game?
I'd hope something like PS5 will be able to render a lot more than what we basically get today in realtime. Talk about diminishing returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back