Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

the melee is a step up for me, almost make me want a street of rage game from ND. Its a step back from LOU is because there is no melee weapons.

Yep, exactly. The hand to hand combat i think is better than TLOU, it's just that melee weapons added so much to TLOU melee system. It's understandable that U4 doesn't have these though.

The camera acceleration is still bothering me, even if they have improved the settings compared to the multiplayer. Still too much artificial (and unnecessary) inertia. And it's rather difficult to move the camera at a moderate speed, it's either too slow or too fast.

Aha! Had the same problem, try this out, it fixed everything for me:

Aiming sensitivity: 3
Camera sensitivity: 8 or 7

Feels perfect now :)

5 and 5 feels off... Camera sensitivity too slow and aiming sensitivity too high... Game is so much fun by the way, having a blast and exploration is really rewarding, i like the constant banter between the brothers the most!

Last edited:
It just gets better and better, i just can't stop playing! I prefer this to TLOU so far but of course i have to see how the remaining chapters pan out (i'm on 11 at the moment).

I had to wait for almost 2 hours for the patch to download. In the meantime i finished uncharted 3 :)

Then tried a bit of UC4, this is how i felt seeing those GFX for the first time

http://i.imgur.com/zga6I7X.jpg
That's...ingame? It all looks good, but what I can't get over is the AA - there's not a single jaggy to be found, even on individual hair strands. That looks like it was downsampled from 4k for pete's sake.

That's...ingame? It all looks good, but what I can't get over is the AA - there's not a single jaggy to be found, even on individual hair strands. That looks like it was downsampled from 4k for pete's sake.

It is ingame after like other temporal TAA it produce some ghosting effect artifact sometimes. I see some problem in one cutscene. The AA is impressive and looks most of the time super sampled...

There is some problem with shadow dithering but something funny it is less visible in gameplay sequence than during realtime cutscene, same things for ghosting...

Last edited:
I really enjoyed chapter 8. I was rather down on the game because it just wouldn't let me off the leash before that point (and I'm just beyond tired of games doing that. You're a game for fuck's sake. TIme to start acting like one), but chapter 8 was damn impressive. I'm playing on hard. Thinking of going down to normal, though. I feel like the difficulty really kills any chance of player improvisation during combat. The enemies are so plentiful and so damn quick to flank and pin you down with near perfect accuracy from all angles the moment you're spotted that cool acts of badassery are basically suicide. Of course they also soak up bullets like crazy and don't have to deal with insane recoil like you do. It might seem like a Farcry game, but it's anything but.

My god, this game is a technical masterpiece. I can't express how much I laughed when (< chapter 6)....

...Nate and Elana boot up the old PlayStation One and you play that old level of Crash Bandicoot. And the comments too. Extremely nice touch, especially for those of us who started becoming fans of Naughty Dog way back then.

Played for 5 hours and up to chapter 7, I just couldn't help myself to gawk, pan, rotate and share every few seconds:smile2:. This is truly a high end therapy for the eyeballs.
PbN5Ns.png

AnWs9N.png

http://i.cubeupload.com/lcGNf9.png
Drake in game model
http://i.cubeupload.com/GFtlpn.png
http://i.cubeupload.com/62yWPi.png

i'm pretty sure some cutscene parts that blends to another are FMV, as you cannot do anything during these small bits, would be logical as they can't render to different scenes at the same time at this quality.

EDIT: that's what i'm talking about

Last edited:
I'm loving this so far but am struggling with the aiming sensitivity...I can't find an option, is there one hidden?

Options -> Camera controls

I have mine set up to: Aiming S = 3 and Camera S = 8 and it's perfect! I think 5 and 5 (the default) is pretty bad...

Back