Eurogamer: An insider confirms the existence of Xbox Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is that your way of saying Microsoft shouldn't even try to change the narrative that's been shaped around them this generation? I can tell you that won't happen with a Slim or a 1.5 They have to go big next time if they want to get the monkey off their back.
Regardless of MS business options, the technical aspects of this rumor are complete garbage and not worth discussing. 5-6 times Neo is enough to lock the thread.

Sounds like nonsense (at least the 10TF part) but if they are really going to put out 10 TF, PS4K is done for. Power wins in the core.
Yes, I remember vividly how the more powerful Xbox destroyed the PS2 in sales. :nope:

Nice information, until it's confirmed by a couple other outlets we'll let it rest here.

The xbox next exist, and will be based around a new cell's revision capable of up to 2.2TF, the remaining 7.8TF come from the Vega gpu, so the total of 10TF.
It will ditch HBM2, due to substrate concerns, in favor of 1.05TB/s RDRam.
They are still deciding final frequencies and tdp depending on the first dies returned from samsung.

Do you really want to compare that situation?
No, it's been done to death many times and need not be retrodden for the sanity of all those who participated in previous discussions.

I think if this is true it shows all concern for developer budgets has gone out the window and the only marketing trick that works now is to sell on the raw power of the machine. GTA7 $500 million dollar budget confirmed.

it will be extremely powerful from the start, i think 5-6 times PS4 Neo, then something in the order of over 10 TFLOPS or so.

If it's 6 times faster than the PS4 Neo and that means 10 TFLOPS, then the PS4 Neo has to be weaker than the regular PS4.
Mind. Blown.

Fake.

Any number followed by "I think" or "something like" is the best indication of a completely made up number.

a lot of it doesn't make much sense, the 5-6 times makes sense if they meant regular ps4, not neo.

5-6 times PS4 makes sense? For an XBO 1.5? in 2016?
wasn't talking about xbox 1.5, 2016, I was talking about one specific bit of the spec and how it would make sense, I already said the whole thing didn't make sense haha 5 * neo = 20tf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back