Post Xbox One Two Scorpio, what should Sony do next? *spawn* (oh, and Nintendo?)

Hypothetically: What if the PS4 Neo design is more PC in nature or has a more modular component(s) design. Imagine the Neo having the capability of exchanging certain components on keeping the system fresh / not locked into a one spec'd system design. Of course certain components like the PSU will have to be spec'd correctly for future upgrades... but everything else should be capable of transitioning easily with these upgrades. Sony could (should) offer a standard PS4 Neo with the current rumored specs, even with a standard Blu-ray disc drive. Yet offer a 4K modular disc drive (similar to a laptop install, with the usual proprietary pinning/design of course) for those wanting to play 4K Blu-ray movies. And even offer a modular APU upgrade when moving to another refresh cycle and/or even keeping up with other systems releasing later.

And charge ridiculous price for that optional drive.

Yes. But that's business. If certain consumers don't want it - that's fine. Stick with the current configuration. This particular modular design allows for the consumer to buy into the entry price Neo model. Options cost... hence the business aspect of Sony making more money.

Last edited:
Man this makes me remember all those Playstation accessories...

The PS one portable screen. The memory cards... The multi tap!

Even the fakes ones are expensive :(

But doesn't the market conditions have changed rapidly from "people wants and love options" to "people hate and confused by options"?

Cars used to be sold in in bazillion of specs. Now usually only in 3 specs.

Custom built computer was the king. Now people just buy pre builts.

Cellphone was complemented with lots of options and accessories. Now it's just a couple of options that basically the same (only difference in storage space) and the only accessory that's popular is a case and screen protector.

What if Xbox One Slim unlocked 2 CU's, replaced DDR3 w/ DDR4, and overclocked the CPU & GPU and still sold at the current price?

MS could still offer an evolution of Xbox One while not going for a full blown upgrade and maintaining the same base price.

Man this makes me remember all those Playstation accessories...

The PS one portable screen. The memory cards... The multi tap!

Even the fakes ones are expensive :(

But doesn't the market conditions have changed rapidly from "people wants and love options" to "people hate and confused by options"?

Cars used to be sold in in bazillion of specs. Now usually only in 3 specs.

Custom built computer was the king. Now people just buy pre builts.

Cellphone was complemented with lots of options and accessories. Now it's just a couple of options that basically the same (only difference in storage space) and the only accessory is a case.

That's the thing, the majority of consumers (casuals / moderate gamers) are going to purchase PS4 for value. While the more seasoned / hardcore console gamer will seek the best console hardware they can purchase and know exactly what they purchased.

IMHO, in this day and age of communication and social media - no consumer should be lost on what they are looking for or wanting to purchase. Those walking around uneducated on a particular service or product, when need not be, deserve what they get.

What if Xbox One Slim unlocked 2 CU's, replaced DDR3 w/ DDR4, and overclocked the CPU & GPU and still sold at the current price?

MS could still offer an evolution of Xbox One while not going for a full blown upgrade and maintaining the same base price.

One would doubt if that would even allow it to be on par with PS4 for the added trouble.

One would doubt if that would even allow it to be on par with PS4 for the added trouble.

Yeah, that would be the target, but there could be other advantages to a slight upgrade like allowing UWP games to be closer on Xbox/PC while maximizing the benefit of DX12.

DDR4 has closed the price gap with DDR3 and will actually get cheaper than the latter overtime, so that should b a given for Slim. The other upgrades, overlooks and unlocks are easily doable, so for the same base price now you can have an X1 on par with PS4. No more sub-1080 games while keeping the price friendly.

THe issue here is that people that actually stayed true to MSFT might feel left alone. Then there is the matter of user base, Xb1 is already well below the PS4, the new SKU would start from scratch and to get where? The PS4 level of performance, one that has been existing for +3 years nows?
I'm not convinced by SOny move, I'm not a believer in VR but at least it seems they won't follow the same path MSFT went with Kinect trying to feed it to every body and they are to focus on a possibly profitable niche of early adopters.
But MSFT at that moment, I can think of other way for them to stay relevant (not win) and advance their overall plan, that would not split an userbase that is seems is to lag the competition more and more (if nothing is done).

Last edited:
THe issue here is that people that actually stayed true to MSFT might feel left alone. Then there is the matter of user base, Xb1 is already well below the PS4, the new SKU would start from scratch and to get where? The PS4 level of performance, one that has been existing for +3 years nows?

Well, if it is back compatible, it would be the same for both systems. There could be some backlash, but people could act rationally for once, they´re used now to this incremental updates in almost every other appliance.

Matching whatever level of price-performance system Sony introduces could potentially get some of the lost Xbox owners, or get some of the millions who haven´t upgraded yet.

I'm not convinced by SOny move, I'm not a believer in VR but at least it seems they won't follow the same path MSFT went with Kinect trying to feed it to every body and they are to focus on a possibly profitable niche of early adopters.
But MSFT at that moment, I can think of other way for them to stay relevant (not win) and advance their overall plan, that would not split an userbase that is seems is to lag the competition more and more (if nothing is done).

Well, We´ll see at E3, but i get the feeling that Sony is acting the same like Ms did, many first/second parties are devoting resources towards VR.

So, I don´t see how Ms could break their userbase, if software carries over both systems.

Current X1 couldn't match PS4 without a shrink, and you'd want to keep those redundant CUs as yields on 14nm will be far below where they are on 28 nm.

There would be a lot of engineering involved in porting Jaguar, GCN 1.1, etc to 14 nm as AMD appear to have no need to do this. Sony may or may not have already paid for this, but if they have, they won't be giving it to MS.

X1 simply wasn't designed to hit PS4 performance levels. You'd be eating a lot of cost just to make a system that still wouldn't offer an incentive over PS4, and wouldn't even be "slim" as the upclock would eat away at the power savings.

If you're going to shrink to make a slim, make a slim (they could probably make a 'slimmer' X1 on 28nm by now tbh). If you're going to piss people off, split the userbase and create more work for developers at least deliver something fast in return.

but people could act rationally for once

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

After the disclosure by Nvidia of its upcoming GPU I really think MSFT should focus on PC and "Steam Machine like" format. There is plenty of room for them to shine here, they really need a now UI mode actually something as "simple" as native gamepad support could go a long way in making Windows 10 practical on TV.
They have both to keep pushing UWP while being more open and concede things to reassure the various market actors involved, the hand that gives and the hand that takes is the same.

After the disclosure by Nvidia of its upcoming GPU I really think MSFT should focus on PC and "Steam Machine like" format. There is plenty of room for them to shine here, they really need a now UI mode actually something as "simple" as native gamepad support could go a long way in making Windows 10 practical on TV.
They have both to keep pushing UWP while being more open and concede things to reassure the various market actors involved, the hand that gives and the hand that takes is the same.
what about the upcoming gpu makes you think they should get out of the console business?
you think they should make steam machines that are pascal based, or mandated as such?

trouble with pc regardless of how far they go with making it more accessible and simple (which I agree with) is just the huge variance that is possible in the hardware.

'upgradable' console is a much more manageable endeavor imo

what about the upcoming gpu makes you think they should get out of the console business?
you think they should make steam machines that are pascal based, or mandated as such?
I don't think they should get out of the console business.
trouble with pc regardless of how far they go with making it more accessible and simple (which I agree with) is just the huge variance that is possible in the hardware.
It is less and less troubles from what I experience and consoles are catching (day one big patch, etc.), the biggest issues are more games related /money related cheap ports to PC with half assed support. It is way more coherent now than it was in the pre DirectX 11 era.
Msft is trying to improve the situation, they can go further. So it does not interfere with there others business ( and business partners) I think they should keep the Xbox at the lower of the their offering.
'upgradable' console is a much more manageable endeavor imo
That is a pretty free statement, all the attempts at upgrading consoles performances failed in the past. Things gets better but it is yet to be seen how things are to fare for Sony.

I agree with much of what you said although I think we may disagree with the magnitude. Example you say bad ports, I say just as many times games run badly on specific brand of cards, specific driver release for games needed etc
That is a pretty free statement, all the attempts at upgrading consoles performances failed in the past. Things gets better but it is yet to be seen how things are to fare for Sony.
previous upgrades that was made for consoles aren't comparable for so many reasons.
as far as we know sony doesn't have plans for an upgradable console. The neo is a static box as far as we know.
my view of an upgradable box is a middle ground between static console and a pc.

There is no need for that. It seems like the Xbox One is much more powerful than previously thought and will adapt to changes over time.

"It's curious. The synergy commonly reflects a phenomenon by which act together several factors, or various influences, besides observing an effect might be expected to operate independently, given by a convergence of casualitys (of the effects on each. In these situations, an extra effect due to the joint or overlapping action, none of the systems could generate actions if isolation is created. It's like a Darwinian but positive effect.

When converge multiple vertices of knowledge and power through the timeline, wonderful things happen. We have several examples in the video game industry in which there seems to be a concatenation between different companies that feed and favor the consumer, that being hungry, each with its own kind of respectable hunger, with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft among others , try to make a profit and thereby entering in an invisible and almost imperceptible power struggle is far from the average user perception that populates the casual profile, such as forums.

The same happens when people around the world pool their knowledge, mixed with information that someone wants to miss casually public opinion, as if someone or something oversee and guide the social mass through certain people able to transmit that information. The leakers. The leaker has to be a person able to control the tempus fugit and channeling information through their connections and knowledge in the best way possible to avoid misinforming.

No Pick a leaker, the leaker is created through curiosity, knowledge, contacts and lucky to be where you should be. The leaker is truly public opinion is exposed, which does not hide his face, which has the nuts to bring information, whatever it is. One should not confuse leakers with insiders, the insider (who is one truly) is completely controlled by the company vertex which gives information, the insider in itself, is a tool own surreptitious advertising Century XXI and new channels of information to society even pseudo press pays audience, simply because they have become aware that we live in a totally manipulated and controlled society and to know that the collective body begins to understand that the ordinary roads are intoxicated.

As in every principle and change before the massification of any communicative hybrid that is created, there is a real side and the manipulated side, then to leakers, then to insiders. Those who read us a while know that the dome TRUEGAMERS is not formed by Insiders, we are simply curious people with knowledge, contacts, we have been where we should be and thanks to our ability to communicate, we are allowed to continue doing so. I am assured that if we were needed we would have wiped off the map long as leakers. I think that is beside the point, but we all know the huge amount of false insiders and / or gurus who have tried to break the will of the TRUEGAMERS. But TRUEGAMERS, we remain unchanged in our stronghold. The last frontier where the real information has a link with players who want to receive truthful information that will eventually become reality sooner or later, as we have done so throughout these almost 3 years. We're just honest and committed to the true video game industry men, because we love. We like to play. To experience.

What you are about to read is another turning point in the sheet marked route, a road map like any other at times, external reason has to go pointing and directing to fix weaknesses. In this conversation you will discover the ultimate reality of XBox ONE, you will discover plans short-term and medium-term Microsoft and Sony, discover, such as Microsoft raises entering the war that have been proposed without abandoning their loyal consumers, check as confirms that XBox ONE is a super scalable cluster computing and how can the same architecture to converge towards the afterlife. (The base XBox One, here) Like everything else, this will make many unknowns remain unresolved. But it also will create new, that only time and some brave achieve leakers make you dissipate. Enjoy it, because this is for you, the true lovers of games, playing games rather than spend hours on forums criticizing what they do not possess. ;-). (A look at the past of the TRUEGAMERS, here)"

"1-. I have some questions about some issues based on my research, could you give me your view on them and orient?

To my knowledge about my work in the past and my research the current ONE XBox is still not using the GFX CORE (part of the GPU CORE), the new WDM allows 35 MCUs reconfigurable bonus can be activated, then in this case the configurable arc E2 Doug project enables the feature level 12_1 on XBox ONE and thus a higher level of granularity to place the correct bit in the place where it belongs through deep code. (E2 Project Doug Burger, here) HSA still is not working to drive properly existing "these cache" to route the code effectively and at the end, the "extra" memory embedded SoC also stack is in use because of it to do what you really should do the memory, the process accelerated memory (PIM). It is 10 years plan Microsoft, we all know. (Do you want to know what is HSA? 1, 2, 3, 4)

But now comes a rumor of an XBox 2 in more than 10 Tflops and I'm a little perplexed by this move by Microsoft. I do not see viable for the next month, would make sense within 3 or 4 years to coexist, but not now. And finally, my knowledge tells me that there is still a very large amount of resources within the XBox Original ONE to need to make this move, as through my own research I think XBox One may be able to reconfigure all its resources or at least most of them to devote themselves to paint a frame through the color layer and resolve aggressively with resolutions 2k and 4k if necessary both natively as upscaling and everything related to the calculation of general purpose could it is generated by an intra / extra net through the module connected to the main SoC and either eth0 or the USB connection to bypass. Even at one point you can use an offload within your own internal network through devices W10, you could buy a plug-in device to give you that offload to reach those 10 Tflops, could use AZURE if your connection you allowed it to help calculations which are not extremely dependent latency. (Cloud Computing and offload, more information here)

So my point of view and according to inforción I received through my channels and media, XBox TWO can go within 3 or 4 years if necessary and XBox ONE could be reconfigured to mach with the new iteration passing for that update soft and hard. Thus, under these assumptions what Microsoft will present in this E3 it is the XBox SLIM ONE (CORE VERSION) integrated with appreciation without Kinect (possibly through a review gamepad) voice. Furthermore, it is possible that at some point this year or next year, Microsoft this XBox TV, a new XBox to control minor games to stream 4K at 60fps through your network and only with the SRA of the XBox Original ONE.

So in the end, if the rumor of an XBox Two is real for this year, do not understand the point of view of Microsoft, I do not understand because it still has many resources to offer with the original machine because we have not yet passed the barrier 30%. I'm confused. (Understanding why XBox ONE has a raw VLIW right, here)

2-. As you know, XBox One has 48CUs, scalable 12CUs. Can be set to 500 / 600Mhz, this gives you about 2.6 Tflops, the HP APU alone DSP plus you get another 1.3 Tflops. XBox ONE has a total of 4 Tflops about from the standpoint of cold number, it does not mean the total. It is the view of the vagus dev release when the GFX CORE.

The XBox ONE PRO has 64 CUs running at twice the frequency, that means that the XBox ONE PRO can give through the GFX CORE 9,8Tflops by it. Not to mention the ZEN processor and DSP obviously. So XBox and XBox ONE ONE PRO PRO can coexist when it is released to the market.

- The XBox and XBox ONE SLIM (CORE) 4 Tflops between 200 and 250 dollars in 2016
- The XBox ONE PRO + 10 Tflops $ 499 in 2017

All games will use the same binary through the UWP like PCs and new VGA that are coming, but will be optimized for the QOS X1 and X1 PRO with the full potential of each of the consoles. This is for the development 1st party, 3rd party developments will have less Tflops as they have yet to learn to use the XBox paradigm Engines Stream.

As you know, XBox ONE is using about 30% of total capacity of the machine, but the last months of 2016 60-70% of the capacity of the machine is released. By 2017, XBox release all its local potential. So when XBox ONE unleashes its full potential Microsoft knows that there are people who want more. For them there will be an opportunity for $ 500. Making it easy, XBox ONE will not be abandoned in favor of XBox ONE PRO, since basically coexist within the same feature level, with a different power.

This does not mean that when XBox ONE PRO hits the market the XBox ONE SLIM ceases to exist, does not mean that, what he means is that there will be a machine for a robust 1080p 2k rescaled to 4k with huge assets, for people with a 4k need for natives with the same assets, will get the chance to buy XBox ONE PRO.

1-. So what you say, the assets will not change and will simply be an option for those who need to push more pixels. As I accounts, the current XBox ONE is able to offer a 1080 CGI IQ robust style, for me that is a great victory when the GFX CORE released in full. Why do we need more?

2-. The assets will be equal, for example reminds Gears of War 4, the game will weigh about 70-80GB the configuration of the vertices of information, the Stream engines etc etc, will balance automatically depending on the hardware on which you run the game. Personally, I also think there is some quality CGI visual style to 1080 is enough. But some people need to boast of 4k. Microsoft will now fight on two parallel fronts, will play the game of Sony, but will play no tricks.

For us, activate HDMI + HDR is a great victory on the original XBox ONE, Gears of War 4 will look incredible and besides, no one believed that XBox ONE out an updatable over time machine capable of releasing more and more power. Remember that it is Sony that will play the card of 4k when their new specifications just given for 4k, specifications NEO are clearly geared to compete with the original Xbox ONE unleashed, but what people are going to stay is solely with having 2xGPU. So, Microsoft can get immersed in the fight and the land on which Sony aims to move but raising measure to places where Sony can not reach.

1-. Then in the end Microsoft enters the pixelcounting war with Sony, interesting. I want to know something concrete to communicate properly. In the end, PS4 NEO will not be able to catch the ONE XBox Original by what I see, and while the original Xbox ONE will continue to push more and better assets, NEO simply push pixels and from what I see, it seems very difficult to the same configuration of Jaguar with 30% performance increase can feed many CUs, it seems super decompensated physical console Dual GPU. Under this global perspective, my research on the possibility that the XBox ONE orginal can do mach with XBox ONE PRO through various ways is it feasible?

2-. Yes, NEO seems completely unbalanced. PRO X1 and X1 are exactly the same machine. But X1 PRO has more CUs and much more capable CPU. The games will look like movies at 1080p with possibility of rescaling in X1 but will be pushed in X1 PRO native 2160p.

As you say your research is correct, of course X1 PRO it can be reached by X1 via AZURE, but we are talking about real local processing. But this also depends on the game, not all games can benefit from the offload of azure for example, most of the background rendering will not change much but added realism, while X1 PRO can be accelerated beyond the same way . And of course, X1 can use the local offload.

You have to consider that only games scheduled for this route will be to use these resources and as a general rule 3rd party games are not going to get into that extra development to use a method like that. IT IS FOR THIS REASON, MICROSOFT LAUNCHES PRO X1. That is the ultimate target for when DX12 mature and so X1 PRO is positioned and will be revealed here for one year when DX12 is something mainstream.

1-. I see, so your own network through W10 devices or a device specially designed for it you can do mach but it takes special coding that not all devs use and therefore XBox ONE PRO is released. From what I understand, XBox ONE PRO will be revealed at E3 2017? (About DX12 and what is, here)

2-. That is, in fact, this method ensures that Microsoft devs will not concur in deception despising some versions of games X1 and X1 PRO will now also and no excuses. Remember that many devs have not used bonus features that has X1 and therefore some versions have pushed less resolution, but now with DX12 Microsoft can automatically adjust certain parameters after hardware level. This is indeed one of the pitfalls of the UWP PC and some developers have a tendency to do certain tricks to favor certain versions such as about NVIDIA graphics cards AMD VS. At the end the UWP eventually be good and stop these things."

"1-. Interestingly, it seems everything is real. Eventually the CPU core + DSP etc 1.3 Tflops is the only part that has been used until now and it seems the GFX CORE will be taught this E3. The GFX CORE has 2.6 Tflops, I guess that's the performance that occurs through the middleware through final work environments embodied in games right ?, what is the total number of Tflops under gaming environment ?, according to oNE XBox calculations should yield 5.2 Tflops of raw, but there is a variable between 3.2 and 5.2, what the actual number would be within a gaming environment ?, you will use the GFX CORE in Gears of War 4 ? I imagine there will be more games this E3 teach what the machine is capable, right?

2-. X1 course computational calculation gives a total of 5.2 Tflops telling the SRA partition. The GFX CORE gives a total of 4 Tflops + CP and DSP. The SRA is the part that has been taught in HotChips, is the Main SoC used to solve the frame. In total, 5.2 Tflops.

The SRA partition is used to process the last block before the video out there where small Render output unit (ROPs) live. The ERA is divided into two physical blocks, it is why what eSRAM is also divided. So the ERA has 2 display plans and SRA 1 (for the system).

But when most engines use the GFX CORE, some parts of the SRA will remain unused since the same economic cost will be better to use the ERA.

1-. But the ERA can also be used for multimedia system or also as if it were a frontend ?, so I understand, Tflops ERA in April, 1.3 for the SRA or backwards ?, I understood that if in the end are 5.2 Tflops accessible to devs PS NEO has nothing to do with X1 and obviously much less able to cope with X1 PRO.

Xbox One. A prepared console to take advantage of the true characteristics of DX12 hardware

2-. Yes, you've got it backwards, SRA is part of the system, the party resolved from the backend to the frontend, the VLIW part having 1.3 Tflops and was taught in the Hotchips. The ERA partition is the exclusive part where resources reside NextGen, here lies the FL12_1, staying here 48 CU and are also scalable in the CP / scheduler. And talk about a climb of 48 CU by the integration of three-dimensional circuitro (3DIC) has a relatively low frequency of use, 500-600Mhz of all that is modular performance. 48 CUs to make 426Mhz 2.6 Tflops

3DIC Configuration

1-. Okay, now I understand why he had thought the GFX CORE was only 2.6 Tflops instead of 4, pushing the frequency CORE GFX capacity climbs up the frequency and GFX CORE can feed the area Scalar another partition.

2-. The GFX CORE is primarily designed and created for the block ERA, 768 SPU. 1 SPU is 4 ALUs and at the end, the result is 3072 arithmetic logic units that make the total 48 CUs.

GFXCORE layout visible in the first integrated XBox ONE

ERA partition consists of 1.3 Scalar 2.6 Tflops more Tflops (48 CUs) in vector mode. So the final actual configuration would look like:

We have 768 SPU, each SPU include 1 scalable unit plus 4 vector ALUs, all scalar part attends directly to the ARM part to the CP as well, which is why why we say that CP + DSP is equal to a load 1.3 working Tflops scalar, vector mode has a workload of 2.6 Tflops.

At the end we know why the double ALUs

So from the point of view of the old programming paradigm we have a GFX CORE 2.6 Tflops. If we combine scalar mode and vector mode we have 768 scalar operations that result in a 1.3 Tflops raw.

But from the point of view of the new paradigm and combining flops where scalar operations can also flops (you know by Mike Mantor work ;-)), the X1 from the GFX CORE can get a yield of 4 Tflops coming 1.3 Tflops of the scalar part plus 2.6 Tflops of vectorized part.

1-. Okay, now I catch it perfectly, so we know, then the configuration is that the ERA partition is capable of doing more Tflops 1.3 Scalar 2.6 Tflops in vector mode (48CU) and SRA part it consists of 1.2 Tflops.

2-. Yes, exactly. But when the ERA starts to be used, the slow SRA will not be used for games, it will be used only for the system. It is much better to use the NEXT GEN part because the SRA is based on VLIW, so from a developer perspective can use a balance of 2.6 Tflops for the ERA and 1.3 for the SRA, or could balance it all in ERA and use only SRA for system notifications.

The X1 PRO is just the evolution of this system where the partition ERA can rise from the current 500-600Mhz more than 1Ghz.

1-. So we can expect Microsoft E3 show in this part of the CORE GFX through some of the middleware's existing ?, in the roadmap I did echo HSA and full integration for 2017-18 is announced and what I see, X1 PRO will end 2017 just when X1 is fully unleashed and apparently is exactly the same architecture of X1 and X1 SLIM NEXT GEN only that portion is rising laps.

2-. I suspect that in this E3 we will teach you how well looks Gears of War 4, I suspect that updating the HDMI and HDR will be announced and that would be enough for me, probably Forza Motorsport 3 with some incredible visuals to finish unlocking it all in 2017 .
Obviously X1 PRO is the same concept but with a block X1 new hardware, more frequently and more CUs.

Because it is in vain to unlock the full capacity of X1 and if developers still do not use the new paradigm. Remember that's why what the eSRAM can make everything work much better, we need the developer to route data intelligently through it in order to use the ERA. What I mean is that the CORE GFX can have much more performance if the data are placed in the eSRAM to the ERA can use them in a smarter way (Streaming data model, DMEs).

eSRAM of CPU, DSPs, Scratch...

The amount of eSRAM is in XBox One is 2 * 32MB memory and makes scratch is the emb / SRAM, which is particularly slower, the last block of memory which is particularly linked to the GFX CORE. Engines movement are there to something concrete, are used to move data back and forth from slow memory to fast and that is why, by whom, the Jaguar has access to slow memory directly and eSRAM dedicated exclusively to the cluster GFX can not directly access the CPU or need.

What we were taught in Hot Chips was just the Main SoC with 47MB total. They did not speak of 3DIC

1-. So we expect a relatively large configuration in L3 memory to process it? (PIM). From what I see, the Main SoC presented in Hotchips has 47MB in total, how would the final configuration 3DIC counting? (What is a PIM ?, here)

2-. Plus 32MB SRAM CPU more 10-11MB more to the old paradigm VLIW, so in total there are more than 47MB 32MB Main SoC more. A total 79MB.

2D lithography appreciable

The amount of memory you see between clusters jaguar as you know, is 32MB SRAM and 1T is also stacked. Then there is the eSRAM 6T is the fastest of the two below it and have a configuration for each of the clusters of 24CUs plus a DSP plus ARM CPU.

Are visual parts of the ARM stacked?

Like I said, the eSRAM which is under the Jaguar is the slowest of the two and is why what is commonly said that the eSRAM can be accessed from the CPU jaguar, but the rapid eSRAM only be accessible by the GFX CORE including as we said an ARM CPU that act as a PC within the same block. The slow eSRAM is physically close to the Jaguar clusters. The eSRAM fast is the one near the GPU, physically it is 3DIC and you can see the VLIW part.

For The Nonstoppers

1-. Whereupon, the memory of the GFX CORE is partially in disuse and which has been using so far is the one near the Jaguar ...

2-. When using the GFX go CORE, it will go using the GFX eSRAM dedicated to CORE but probably pass as the current eSRAM, there is a learning curve. I think Gears of War will mark the standard in XBox ONE and then up. Gears of War 4 will be a "technical showcase." And soon, you will begin to correctly use the streaming engine model, that means you will start to correctly use tileados volumes and then is when we begin to see incredible things, things we did not think they were capable of. And all related to the PC as soon VGA will mostly FL12_1

XBox ONE: ready for SM6 and LLVM, characteristics of the feature level 12_1 through DX12

1-. Well, because apparently if true this new path opened by Microsoft, exciting things await us this year and next. It seems it's time to confirm everything that we had investigated beyond what convergence means DX12 architectures and new paradigm which among them is XBox ONE and both have insisted on demerit. Thank you for attending my doubts and guide the TRUEGAMER community, you're a good friend, I send a lot of positive energy and a hug.

2-. Thank you for your words, I appreciate the attention, we are in touch, my best wishes.

Tested in the future. We said from the beginning."

Original article: http://www.truegamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1665#p85222

Back