Quantum Break [UWP]

Uploading 26 png native 1080p captures on high settings from chapter 4, not sure if the upscaling option makes the game look better or worse. At higher res the low quality assets and lod stand out more, i think the original style hides a lot of the issues better imo. I'll let you judge for yourselves though, IQ definitely gets a massive boost by turning it off (even though it's still reconstructing).

What does that mean ?
The resolution you picked in the settings was reconstructed from 2/3rds width x 2/3rds height buffers.

sidenote: Wonder if they had a particular offset pattern/weightings in mind for reconstructing from the non-integer upscale (4 temporal samples + 4xRGMSAA).

Last edited:
I think the game is definitely worth playing, it can get chaotic and fun during combat and the story is compelling. It's not as good as Alan Wake or Max Payne 2 but it's still a pretty solid linear game. I just unlocked everything in the game with 27 hours on the clock, think i'm done with it. Might return to it sometime later if they fixed the presets and perf :)

Last edited:
Clukos does the game have an internal benchmark option?
Just curious as looking at the performance chart with the patch pcgameshardware shows two different performance results, one where the 980ti performs pretty well, then clicking on benchmark all NVIDIA cards tank.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Quantum-Break-Spiel-15745/Specials/Technik-Test-1191358/

This trend looks similar to the Hitman chapter 2, they did one test with PresentMon and one with benchmark; in-game at one of the highest drawcalls zone the NVIDIA cards actually performed pretty well when analysed with PresentMon but in the preset benchmark performed poorly in general compared to AMD.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Hitma...Episode-2-Test-Benchmarks-DirectX-12-1193618/

I use the Chrome translation option setting within the browser to read the site, for the performance charts will need to scroll through to find them.
Cheers

No, the game doesn't have a benchmark option. And performance varies widely from chapter to chapter on my system.

No, the game doesn't have a benchmark option. And performance varies widely from chapter to chapter on my system.
Thanks and NVM, reading more in the chart the benchmark tab is associated with the original game and not patch, so is a baseline in this situation.
Was just a way for them to present quickly patch performance vs original game.
And yeah I agree performance does vary a lot especially for NVIDIA going by reviews-analysis, pesky global illumination and particles :)
Cheers

No problem :) If you are worried about performance i can confirm that the game is very playable in medium/high settings. Ultra seems like a massive perf hog on my system though, I don't think this game is very optimized overall. I'm guessing the MSAA reconstruction is to blame for most of the problems.

Clukos does the game have an internal benchmark option?
Just curious as looking at the performance chart with the patch pcgameshardware shows two different performance results, one where the 980ti performs pretty well, then clicking on benchmark all NVIDIA cards tank.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Quantum-Break-Spiel-15745/Specials/Technik-Test-1191358/

This trend looks similar to the Hitman chapter 2, they did one test with PresentMon and one with benchmark; in-game at one of the highest drawcalls zone the NVIDIA cards actually performed pretty well when analysed with PresentMon but in the preset benchmark performed poorly in general compared to AMD.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Hitma...Episode-2-Test-Benchmarks-DirectX-12-1193618/

I use the Chrome translation option setting within the browser to read the site, for the performance charts will need to scroll through to find them.
Cheers

The only option i see is with or without uspcaling for the result of QB . ( they use too their own scene )

As for Hitman, they dont use at all the Benchmark, but their own save.

Last edited:
The only option i see is with or without uspcaling for the result of QB . ( they use too their own scene )

As for Hitman, they dont use at all the Benchmark, but their own save.
Yeah I quickly assumed due to the language it was similar to Hitman, but as you say it is not.
Hitman is interesting because they get different results using PresentMon and one of the intensive zones compared to the preset, their results with PresentMon and the scene-zone they use show NVIDIA does very well.
More specific to Chapter 2 rather than initial game.
Cheers

Im sowmehat too intersted to get more result for hitman, as todays, i have see only 2 reviews oof performances ( PCGH and Guru ) who are, really opposite.. this said, i will not take part for it or another yet as really it is not enough . ( benchmark could be biased, and scenes can be too)..

For be honest, i will be quite tempted to tests boths games, but right now, i dont have time for play, so i will not take them for now ( even if i really like what i have read about the second episode of Hitman, or im curious about QB).. But well, you dont imagine how much game i see out that i need to get ( Battlefleet Armada, Hitman, QB, Rainbow ( im an old player of RVS ), Witcher3, etc ..well the list is long ).. Im mostly doing 3D modelling in Blender in my free time lol, when i do allready this in my work time... without have allready enough time for it.

Last edited:
Another fascinating aspect is how even with a game engine different scene-zones may be stronger for one architecture over the other.
The Division is a good example as the Maxwell 2 cards do much better in the outside scenes compared to inside where AMD smashes it (comparing 390 to 970, the 980ti is probably the anomaly card from NVIDIA that still holds up well in nearly every game).
This surely adds to the pain in trying to benchmark games in an apples-to-apples fashion, when even an engine can give different results depending upon the scene-action.

Cheers

So did the performance issue of volumetric lighting on Nvidia cards ever get resolved in patches?
Thanks

Nope, at least not yet. Funny thing is if i set everything to Ultra the driver is just crashing after a while :D

Back