Eurogamer: An insider confirms the existence of Xbox Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starx

Regular
Translated by google:

"I've got to read some slides from Microsoft and AMD about the new Xbox, and it is in effect a new model, not a remake of One. They should announce this year at a separate event from E3 2016, but still a few days before the fair. the announcement will be made this year but the release of the Xbox next is not expected before next spring, to read the roadmap. it will be open to change hardware, I did not understand if via upgrade or if they spoke of changes that will operate on the fly, before the release. it will be extremely powerful from the start, i think 5-6 times PS4 Neo, then something in the order of over 10 TFLOPS or so. "

"I can guarantee that the new Xbox One is in pre-production, AMD has signed three new agreements for this year and one last year. What the past year concerned the tax for the Slim model of One SoC, what this year covers three big industry, Microsoft including for the new console. Four agreements, three only for this 2016 ".

"One was a definite step forward as chipset, still it has not been exploited even at 80% and there are still room for improvement to get the most from the current consoles, but talking with the Xbox team developers has noticed have focused too much on innovation and less on strength, then i can tell you even now that will be a cross between one and a stark PC, if we count the numbers. i mean that everything will be balanced, as the current One, but each element will be provided with great power starting from the system to the integrated HBM DDR4 memory in GPU. There will be the exhaust chip, but for the lazy dev you can also bet on the computational power without incurring large compromises, the the opposite situation to that of One. Panos Panay is overseeing the project and aesthetics of the console, I think it will be amazing. "

"The chip is based on Arctic Island family of AMD's 14-nanometer FinFET or Polaris-11 Vega, GCN 4.0 in production for this summer, will be custom-class, x86-x64 and always backward compatible with either 360 with One, in fact, the operating system will always be virtualized; Win10 Redstone 2 is the core of the operating system of choice. it will be sold at a loss, these two years are working, almost immediately after the arrival of One ".

"I've heard that Spencer and the entire team wants to leave as soon as possible for the one spot he had with the old leadership, as if to mean a" start from here like a zero year for us and for Xbox. "They were not kidding, from which even the decision to end the production of Xbox 360 to focus on the new model. "

http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2016-05-03-news-videogiochi-insider-conferma-esistenza-di-xbox-next

Auuhhm, 10Tflop in a console next spring? HOKAY!

I totally would not mind that; I just don't think it either can or will happen. "HBM DDR4" memory also makes me think this whole thing has been written up by someone who don't really understand tech, but do understand enough of it to string together some vague, impressive-sounding claims to hook other people with.

Now all we need is a fly-by-night rumor website to echo this rumor for a double confirmation... :LOL:

I guess those are the same devs/fans who believed that Ms was not going the let them down with at that time the leaked XBO specs, and are still waiting the activation of the second GPU

I may not believe this report, but I think it's possible to release a 4-5 tf machine that with an upgrade xfire module to give it around 10tf.
not sold at a loss either.
only reason for module so soon though would be vr & better res for 4k gaming

It' my moment! It's my moment!

Ok, I know who run that particular site and can't trust less their news

Vega will easily reach 10TF mark... and will cost IMO lets say ~ $300-350 for substrate, GPU chip and memory. Even if MS wants to use that, the end cost for entire console would be really high.

4-6x Neo sounds like a mistake. 4-6x PS4 is achivable with Vega.

BTW, their source is an anonymous blog.

Well, in defence of this rumour, when first info about PS4k emerged the articles were treated as crazytalk and clickbait.

I don´t buy this rumour of a 10TF machine either..

I don't think a new XB is unlikely (it's been discussed before). The idea of a monster console is difficult to believe in given the market. But I wouldn't say impossible either, just implausible. However, we always get 'monster power' rumours when new hardware is suggested, even for Nintendo machines! ;)

I don't think a new XB is unlikely (it's been discussed before). The idea of a monster console is difficult to believe in given the market.

On the other hand, MS likes to solve its problems with money. Ordering a Jaguar+Vega or Zen+Vega to totally overwhelm PS4 visuals is not something that would surprise me from them.

On the other hand, MS likes to solve its problems with money. Ordering a Jaguar+Vega or Zen+Vega to totally overwhelm PS4 visuals is not something that would surprise me from them.

uh huh. You'll know if Microsoft is up to their old shenanigans if the power brick is the same size as a Nintendo console.

On the other hand, MS likes to solve its problems with money.
But.... Do they? What have they done lately that makes you think that they 'threw money' at a problem and successfully fixed it? The One is pretty 'cheap', yet they never 'threw money' at it to stop the total decimation they got from Sony.
I get the feeling that, in fact, they moved to protect their margins a lot more than they used to.
But I stand to be corrected by someone who'd more knowledgeable than me.

Xbox 360 sold well enough, and it had brick.

Xbone sold poorly because of other factors [marketing, announced services, pricing, low number of launch countries and slow expansion to Tier2/3 territories, performance difference, indie dev relations, game focus on dudebro/traditionalxbox/USfocused franchises...].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back