Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocksteady...the most underrated devs this generation...
ZsKibPq.jpg

qLLVKk0.jpg

LsdAbRM.jpg

This is insane:
http://xboxclips.com/TheMAK11/43dc873e-4d52-4824-bfc9-86a007007ec0

Last edited:
Scarecrow ain't pleasing to look at :p I think the art direction this time was excellent. They managed to hide almost every flaw Unreal 3 had, clever tricks and talent can go a long way!

During daytime, AK fell apart IMO. It needs the rain shaders applied to look real. Still, it was a great visual experience! My PS4 top 5 easily!!

In-game model viewer from U4

Elena
bgyolb.jpg

Nate
cs2oqu.jpg

Sully
DxP1nU8.png

These are gameplay models under ideal lighting conditions, cutscenes get that very pleasing self shadowing + a bump on skin shading from what it looks like :)

Did Elena undergo plastic surgery?
No because that's the feeling I get when I look at her face: more prominent cheeks, different nose, silk smooths skin...plastic surgery!

Oh and is Sully wearing a wig?
Because his hairs look really fake to me.

In-game model viewer from U4

These are gameplay models under ideal lighting conditions, cutscenes get that very pleasing self shadowing + a bump on skin shading from what it looks like :)
But those models do feature self shadowing or am I missing something? Even in gameplay I see SS.
26722018316_68ec0af81b_h.jpg

But those models do feature self shadowing or am I missing something? Even in gameplay I see SS.
26722018316_68ec0af81b_h.jpg

Yes but not from all light sources from what I've seen, nothing like Ratchet & Clank for example (which to be fair has a more simple visual design approach and scope and maybe can afford to do more in some cases). We'll have to see when we finally get the game but that's my bet from what I've seen.

Another one, cutscene vs gameplay, looks very close (geometry doesn't seem to change)
354ke0.jpg

muewkxz0zkgy.png

About the shading pass what i'm thinking is that it's more refined during cutscenes (better hardware allocation) but not to a point where the models between cutscenes and gameplay look completely different (like RotTR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back