Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would argue that they are artistically really good but technically there are far more impressive shots/scenes of UC4 (and many other PS4/Xbox games). The poly count in those is seriously low but that doesn't take away from the overall greatness of the scene in terms of presentation.
I'd like to see them since this arouse my interest greatly.

I don't feed trolls.... admittedly that's what I just did... sorry... ignore list.

Admittedly, your posts seem very much like trolling. Focusing on only one aspect of the image, saying things like "refraction looks the same as GTA V" and on the whole just downplaying the visual impact of Uncharted 4. You are setting up yourself for some ridicule when this launches. It's very much like the people who claim QB looks bad only because of the IQ and the resolution, just as bad anyways.

Admittedly, your posts seem very much like trolling. Focusing on only one aspect of the image, saying things like "refraction looks the same as GTA V" and on the whole just downplaying the visual impact of Uncharted 4. You are setting up yourself for some ridicule when this launches. It's very much like the people who claim QB looks bad only because of the IQ and the resolution, just as bad anyways.
Does it personally hurt your feelings if people disagree with your obviously over enthusiastic opinion that a game is the best thing since slice bread? Sorry if you feel this way. I guess that consoles/Games wars are serious business for you..
You're a cool dude but it's kind of hypocritical coming from someone whose's vast majority of his posts in this very same forums is nit-picking every single aspect of a game's graphics...

Everygame makes sacrifices...SW:BF for instance got rid of all interactivity, something DICE was once famous for and has a drastic negative impact on gameplay. But they have 60fps on the other hand, which helps gameplay. Decisions decisions.

ND are imo typically one of the best devs out there when it comes to the right balance of tec.

I am curious if UC4 can confirm this once again.

No I don't really care if someone disagrees with me, unlike most people i'm aware of the fact that my opinion is just that, my opinion. Watching people cling to one thing and trying to bring down the entire visual aspect is something i don't do (unless it is justified) though. And that is why i brought up the QB/resolution example, there's people who would dismiss the game simply because of the reconstruction technique, while i do agree that it hurts the final IQ a lot i think the game as a whole looks fantastic. Anyway, not up for this discussion, you can post whatever you want, but be ready to take responsibility for the things you're posting (like everyone should, including me).

E3
desktop04.30.2016-19.5xjnl.png

Final game
od1jhcyp5kno.png

Improved lod, aa, moblur, water reflections, ao among other things.

for me, Uncharted 4 looks like NOT chasing realistic looks. It chase stylized but realistic look. maybe like those Tintin movie a while back. Btw when i watched that a while back, i though "wow this is uncharted the movie".

(go to 50 secs)

YUp, when I saw that movie in the theatre, I was like holy moly this is totally Uncharted 3 : the movie, even the sequence of locations was too too similar for comfort. Hence I enjoyed it a tad bit more :D

M9Jaae.png

oaWF0k.png

dOG8b7.png

NVRzNE.png

zoomed in photo-mode gameplay screen
The skin shader is not that good especially when there's a bright light source (similar to Quantum Break)... and the "dead fish" eyes aren't the best either..
What's the point of reference for a gameplay skin shader that does look 'that good' in an environment like U4's Madagascar?

The only part I reasonably think ND could've improved is the flat, lower resolution textured hair on Drake's neck. Only Sully's eyes look dead, too.

No I don't really care if someone disagrees with me, unlike most people i'm aware of the fact that my opinion is just that, my opinion. Watching people cling to one thing and trying to bring down the entire visual aspect is something i don't do (unless it is justified) though. And that is why i brought up the QB/resolution example, there's people who would dismiss the game simply because of the reconstruction technique, while i do agree that it hurts the final IQ a lot i think the game as a whole looks fantastic. Anyway, not up for this discussion, you can post whatever you want, but be ready to take responsibility for the things you're posting (like everyone should, including me).

:D You clearly to care or else you wouldn't be here arguing about it. That's logic 101.. YOU are the one who asked about other games featuring similar under water rendering. I answered with the GTA 5 example. If you don't want answers don't ask questions. Your passive/agressive attitude towards Quantum Break is sort of entertaining tho..
Anyway that last bolded part me bust one of the most ridiculous thing I've seen in here in a while. Are you the internet police or something? Maybe you should ask mod to add "only for people who think this is the best game EVAR" to the thread's title...

I asked about other games doing proper refraction because i was interested in why it is missing from keystone, graphically speaking, titles and not Uncharted 4. I wanted answers like GTA V, i did my own research and found out about Crysis 1. The rest is bait, find someone else to bother.

Last edited:
I asked about other games doing proper refraction because i was interested in why it is missing from keystone, graphically speaking, titles and not Uncharted 4. I wanted answers like GTA V, i did my own research and found out about Crysis 1. The rest is bait, find someone else to bother.
You're throwing him a banquet mate :), his pride is clearly hurt from an almost universal criticism of Quantum Break's resolution so instead he had to find something to nitpick at in UC4's thread. I'm surprised he didn't complain about the low res mole on Drake's chin.

This is exactly how I feel. Thankfully I'm not alone :)
Yeah, I sit here confused as well despite appreciating what is on display.

I'm just not seeing this above and beyond other developers mantra when there are just as impressive games (if not better looking) out there that not only has awesome lighting/shading ect. too but are pushing higher refresh rates in some cases.

Anyway, pretty game!

Yeah, I sit here confused as well despite appreciating what is on display.

I'm just not seeing this above and beyond other developers mantra when there are just as impressive games (if not better looking) out there that not only has awesome lighting/shading ect. too but are pushing higher refresh rates in some cases.

Anyway, pretty game!
Oh so you have the game?

As it has been stated in this thread already, all games have compromises. If they're pushing higher refresh rates then I'm sure we can spot a bunch of them. Some developers just hide these compromises better than others, or find tricks to produce a similar effect at a much lower cost. I think that's what developing on console is all about, and I think Naughty Dog are one of the best in that regard. They always produce very stable and polished games with amazing attention to detail.

I see some nitpicking in this thread, which is fair since this is a tech board. But to call it less impressive as a whole based on these nitpicks is not fair, especially since we've only seen a very small sample of the game. Wait for the game to actually come out and play it for yourself to judge. Or at least wait for someone like DF or NXG to do a full tech analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back