Windows tablets

OK, was just browsing random stuff while I had a bit of free time and stumbled across this.

http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS41218816

At first it's much of the same. Apple tablet sales continue to fall. Android tablet sales are falling. Is Samsung really the only manufacturer of premium Android tablets now? Windows tablet sales continue to grow, but are still just a small fraction of the overall tablet market.
Out of curiosity, where did you see that Windows sales are growing? Not in the article you link :)

Out of curiosity, where did you see that Windows sales are growing? Not in the article you link :)
An example source: TechTimes : Windows Tablets Grabbed 11 Percent Market Share in 2015, Mainly Biting From Apples Share

Pertinent excerpt from the article:
TechTimes said:
Surprisingly, the tablet is a clear winner in the Windows ecosystem. Though the numbers do show that tablet shipments are shrinking, the number of Windows tablets being moved is inversely increasing. To be exact, Strategy Analytics' report reveals that while the tablet market stumped an all-time low, Windows-based tablets grew by as much as 59 percent year-on-year.

Windows competitors - tablets based on iOS and Android mobile operating system - dropped 22 percent and 7 percent, respectively. The biggest loser here obviously is Apple.

Lot of Windows tablet sales are taken from PC notebook sales for the convertible or two in one segment.

IDC and others are putting things like Surface Pro in a different category even tho people are buying because they run desktop software.

You might say most convertibles are Windows tablets but with limited touch apps, most people are running desktop software.

Lot of Windows tablet sales are taken from PC notebook sales for the convertible or two in one segment.

IDC and others are putting things like Surface Pro in a different category even tho people are buying because they run desktop software.

You might say most convertibles are Windows tablets but with limited touch apps, most people are running desktop software.

That still counts.

Tablet news are relevant only because of the perception that its taking PC sales. Also, the usage model is different, but Surface categories are still Tablets. They also help offset quite a bit of PC market decline. Add to that Windows Tablets of any sort never sold in such volumes as today.

did windows tablet changes any of your lifestyle?

it changed mine. More and more time wasted for working. While in queue, while in a trip... Now im out of job and its even worse lol.

Edit:
On the plus side it allows me to do a quick video editing or game making or sketching or any computer work on-the-spot.

Really useful when there's a family meet-up or when coming to marriage.

Tap tippity tap, bam! "check your WhatsApp"

hey it seems Surface just got a new friend in "love to sleep" bad habit!
My vaio tap 11 got a new BIOS update that should improve its sleeping behavior. But turns out, it now sleeps too well lol. I can't wake it up if i let it sleep overnight! haha... ha...

why these manufacturers keeps getting sleep problems in W10... i wonder...

I see it more as OrangeChaLupa has yet more tech issues than Mfgs having more issues.

Back