Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the game is not like this:
Drake and Elena are eating and they are saying: remember this adventure? and you play the level
Then the other one says: that was so cool! It reminds me of this: and you play the level
It goes on and then when they are sleeping you play one of drake's nightmares; he dreams of his past as a mercenary.
the final level would be after they wake up and sully takes them on an adventure, only this time no flashback but it takes place in the present time.

That would be super lame :(

Someone on reddit uploaded a few non-spoilery screenshots, but he sent me the link in private so i won't post the whole album unless he wants me to. Re-hosting one image on abload.de so that his album doesn't get nuked, same scene we've seen in the story trailer

One pretty looking game :D
can u send those spoiler free pics to me please ?

can u send those spoiler free pics to me please ?

Unfortunately i can't because if these spread they will probably take down this guys account and album, i don't want that to happen. What i can say though, is that it's a very good looking game and possibly the best looking Ps4 game to date. It has a very clean look, whatever they did with their AA just works.

Unfortunately i can't because if these spread they will probably take down this guys account and album, i don't want that to happen. What i can say though, is that it's a very good looking game and possibly the best looking Ps4 game to date. It has a very clean look, whatever they did with their AA just works.

When you use The Order as a benchmark, how would it compare? 1762/1886, 1886/1886 or even 2048/1886?

When you use The Order as a benchmark, how would it compare? 1762/1886, 1886/1886 or even 2048/1886?

It's hard to compare these two, completely different approach to visuals, different setting, mood, camera aspect ratio, level design and so on. To me from what I've seen it looks better than The Order in quite a few ways, but that is expected anyway (TO is now a one and a half year old game, almost :p).

Very slight spoiler (out of context, just includes water and Nathan Drake), linking it anyway so people don't get spoiled unwillingly (even if it is not exactly a spoiler): https://gfycat.com/MerryGrizzledBobwhite

Water has nice translucency (lightning, moonlight, boat light), volumetric shadows cast by his hand too, what looks to be volumetric fog in the background. Who needs the neo when you got this :D (admittedly this could look even better at twice the framerate or upres with the neo)

Considering the damages (zero), and the seemingly free extra press coverage (a lot), I don't see how Sony could possibly 'get back' at them. If anything they should thank them.

That has zero guarantee of helping the game get sales and may do the opposite with the way some gamers spoil the crap out of things.

That has zero guarantee of helping the game get sales and may do the opposite with the way some gamers spoil the crap out of things.

I think after reviews I will stop go to games forum and game site or read any comment anywhere to be spoiler free...

Nobody knows that except the people who played the game, a user on reddit...
Naughty Dog's junior programmer. More impressions to come from ND's artist department and testing department. Marketing aren't allowed to post on Reddit as they're too obvious. ;)

We've kinda come to a point in our information sources where they are all fundamentally unreliable. All those "unbelievable photos" should be unbelievable, because they couldbe photoshopped, and all those Reddit anonymous tips could be marketing shills. All those forum posts and comments and whatnot. I've seen internet adverts with social media quotes, "posted 15 mins ago, this product is amazing", where the content is completely falsified and the posters just lifted accounts from Facebook.

Dang, I woke up on the cynical side of bed today! UC4 is the Bestest Game EVAR!!

Last edited:
I don't buy that for the reddit user as you can see his post history. Shills are usually freshly made accounts that only post the specific marketing drivel.

I don't buy that for the reddit user as you can see his post history. Shills are usually freshly made accounts that only post the specific marketing drivel.
I'm not saying it is. Just don't take anything at face value. "Shills only post the specific marketing drivel" would be the Old Way. Marketing will learn and go with what's best (hence why I joke marketing won't be allowed to post 'impressions' on Reddit). Or its not even marketing but stillhighly unreliable. It could just be an enthusiastic employee, or a fanboy making stuff up. If there's history on an account, there may be reason to trust it, but don't expect me to go along with the impressions of an anonymous Reddit account and get excited that UC4 is going to be better than UC and LoU combined. ;)

According to him some are photomode some are not, but i asked him if photomode enhances the image (like driveclub) and he said it doesn't and i believe him from what I've seen. We'll have to wait and see.
I'm not saying it is. Just don't take anything at face value. "Shills only post the specific marketing drivel" would be the Old Way. Marketing will learn and go with what's best (hence why I joke marketing won't be allowed to post 'impressions' on Reddit). Or its not even marketing but stillhighly unreliable. It could just be an enthusiastic employee, or a fanboy making stuff up. If there's history on an account, there may be reason to trust it, but don't expect me to go along with the impressions of an anonymous Reddit account and get excited that UC4 is going to be better than UC and LoU combined. ;)

Oh i agree, i just posted what he said. You can't even trust reviews, ideally the only opinion that matters is yours when you play the game.

Edit: Speaking of marketing...

152417_77ZLne1EyV_uncharted_4_marketing.jpg

Last edited:
I think after reviews I will stop go to games forum and game site or read any comment anywhere to be spoiler free...
Ditto. Reviews are generally pretty safe. Actually modern reviews are usually full of unnecessary exposition and references thet you can take very little from how a game is to play as they are all almost be universally useless.

The only thing I'm really curious about is whether the introduction of big open areas significantly impacts the games pacing and if so, whather this is a good trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back