PS4 Neo naming impossibilities *spawn

I'd say Wii shows otherwise. The Internet derided that name, but it took off and was adopted none-the-less. But my point is really that people don't rely on the name to tell them what a product is or should do - a GTX950 isn't assumed to be faster than a GTX780 becuse the number is bigger. A Citroen C4 or Mazda CX9 have meaningless numbers. The 4 in PS4 simply means the fourth iteration, so where a letter suffix may imply a resolution, that's not intrinsically part of its meaning unless the marketing message was as such. So PS4K ends up just being a model number. If it ends up being called that, which I doubt it will because it's not a great name. PS4 Neo works better and fits in with other device naming (secomdary name for new model).

Ultimately, it's a pointless conversation until the actaul name is revealed, which is why no-one was talking about it!

You miss what diehard was going for. The Wii U was confused by many for a while as another Wii peripheral, and the nearly identical name didn't help matters.

Back