Need some feedback

RvdjPBE.jpg

7TG5iLV.png

Think I'm finally happy with the mesh detail level at least for the hands and helmet, just have the rest of the arms and legs to do and he should be ready for stamping and some normal painting.

Why does pretty much every part of his body get armor plates apart from his butt cheeks? :LOL:

LOL well needs to be flexible, and accessible :D

I will be putting armor more flexible type armor there.

Doing the color id map, these will be the primary colors I will be using for the armor.
aFAHHOq.png

its a bit hard to tell from the front the way the forearm armor is going over the arm a bit. Red box is where the elbow is.

nBReWLM.jpg
bx8UHul.jpg

Is thigh gap a thing with armored troopers now too?

I'm going to have a rubberized suit thing, its a soldier with a space suit but haven't really figured out how to model that yet cause I do want cloth effects to work on it. I might have to make two layers of meshes to make the physics look realistic, of course with the body underneath.

if it doesn't work its just going to be skin tight suit lol, hopefully it works, would look really cool.

I think youve miss marked the elbow according to the top view pic the pivot shout be the centre of the disc (and if you havnt the forearm looks too short imho)
which looks to be here (yellow line)
mvRuuXB.jpg

just a bit off yeah, but the pivot is actually behind to the center of the character the arm armor is kinda like an exoskeleton so the the elbow isn't where the armor joint is.

lets see if this shot clears it up a bit.

8RXXHym.jpg

Good thing ya pointed that out cause there were hidden objects under that piece of armor I forgot about lol.

alright finished up the helmet, thought I would hit a rough spot with the visor and glass shader, anyone have any good examples of Unreal engine 4 glass shaders, I have tried the ones that come with the engine and looks ok, but noticed that when using those, and having a face behind the glass, the eyes look flat, the eye shaders just get blocked out or something. Noticed this with Mass effect Andromeda too, I'm not sure if its a limitation of hardware or what not.

any case, updated screenshots of the helmet.

7AKRcUu.jpg

0A6sGCn.jpg

RyvHs0S.jpg

llfVWjO.jpg

g5Otr3c.jpg

dtIT5Y6.jpg

Alright armor all finished hopefully finish up the body and all the emmisive channel this week and start rigging.

qVW4Cp2.jpg

qPMoi6X.jpg

B6P2QG6.jpg

lQIloQp.jpg

QvIu2tw.jpg

iBlws4d.jpg

pluruYO.jpg

Back