Ratchet and Clank [PS4]

Releases here in about eight hours. I remember the bastard hoverboard section vividly and they replicated it exactly in the PS3 HD Remaster. :-x

The thing about that race is that it is completely scripted. You will always be 6th first lap, 4th second lap and in the final lap you'll be second the last few turns with a chance of going first if you saved up boost. It could be fun if it was a real race and not a completely scripted sequence.

Indeed it could have been. That said, the squirrely controls and lack of even the most simplistic form of vehicular physics whatsoever aren't exactly helpful either. it just feels woefully outdated now. Like is-it-still-the-year-2002? kind of outdated ;) And then you have to suffer through the same bullshit thrice.

Other than that, what a lovely game! I'm definitely going for the platinum before U4 drops. Really enjoying everything about it, the characters, the humor, the levels, the platforming is very responsive and the combat is fun :)

Seems to be selling better than I expected... it sold out at amazon.com twice. Happy for Insomniac.
Currently ranked 2 for the month of April at amazon, and it's still listed as "Ships in 2 to 4 weeks".
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2016-04/videogames
Also ranked 20th for the year.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2016/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

Even though it hasn't been in stock for a few days, it's still ranked 8th in the hourly chart.

I'm really surprised that this seems to be selling so well due to the fact that R&C sales have been on the decline. Has there been a marketing push in the US? I haven't seen anything here in Canada.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised that this seems to be selling so well due to the fact that R&C sales have been on the decline.

"Perfect storm" combination of events such as:
-great reviews
-low price, without compromised game length/content
-great word of mouth
-technical excellence
-compelling comedic franchise
-very wide target demographic
-friendly to both newcomers & older fans
-lack of competition

"Perfect storm" combination of events such as:
-great reviews
-low price, without compromised game length/content
-great word of mouth
-technical excellence
-compelling comedic franchise
-very wide target demographic
-friendly to both newcomers & older fans
-lack of competition

There's also the, already, vast number of PS4 owners out there. And many of them may never have played a R&C game before. Having come in from the cold. So to speak :)

I would like to see how would R&C, DriveClub and Order1886 when their framerate is unlocked. All of them have great 30fps and nicely framepaced output all the time, so presumably they would run at much higher framerates when things are not hectic on screen.

Started playing today and all I have to say is....

HOW? :D

ratchet_clank_20160426cub1.png

I mean, this realtime screenshot is straight up in a "PR bullshot desktop wallpaper" grade. :runaway:

So glad i'm finished with those races and their respective trophies. Only glaring issue with the game so far, every else has been brilliant. I'm thinking i'm getting close to finishing my first playthrough and i definitely put 15+ hours into it. It's a steal at that price, one of the best games of this year and this generation imo.

I just finished the game, and starting challenge mode. This game was a great entry to the R&C series for me, if they want to do more, I'm in. If not, the game had a great closure anyway :yep2:

I just finished the game, and starting challenge mode. This game was a great entry to the R&C series for me, if they want to do more, I'm in. If not, the game had a great closure anyway :yep2:

From what James Stevenson the community manager of Insomniac said in GAF if the game sells well, other R&C games will be released and it seems the game sells pretty good, he tells it himself...

Back