MS to stop XB360 production

function

None functional
Legend
It's official folks, MS are going to stop production.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/04/20/xbox-360-celebrating-10-years/

With X1 having pretty solid (and growing) BC and the price of the X1 now dropping down towards that of the HDD equipped 360s, I guess there's just no reason to keep makin' em ...

Edit:
LORD SPENCER said:
And while we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us.

Increasingly low volumes on a niche 32nm edram process can't be helping at this point.

I expect Sony to follow suit in short order, they're under they same realities of manufacturing as MS (actually worse).

Yeah, though they do have the slight advantage (?) that PS4 isn't BC so some customers might trickle towards PS3 for a bit longer ... maybe.

It's likely to be a year of fatalities: 360, PS3, WiiU ... Vita?

NOOOOO!!!! Oh, wait, I sadly have not turned mine on in a few months due to BC. Have not had time to watch TV so no Media Center = no need for the 360's to be turned on.

If MS would only port the full OS including Media Center than the poles would realign, the ozone would ozonate(tm), and life would be grand!

Weird since it was selling ok. My guess is the numbers just dont work out to be profitable with increasingly low volumes. Did Sony quit making PS3 yet?

So no cheaper ($150 or less) last-gen consoles? What a weird gen that was!

$200 is probably the floor any more, especially with less and less cost effective process shrinks.

so many memories

0C6Rmmn.gif

What sucks is that the last revision of the xbox360 lacks features and craftsmanship quality of the previous version so it makes for a non desirable purchase.

Back