PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you're trying to say but you need to lighten up and get a sense of humour. Yours failed.
As i am laughing so much since the moment one of my posts was answered to go back to my xbox cave I will stop now to avoid an hernia,if you guys allow it to me, stopping with the comedy club.

As i am laughing so much since the moment one of my posts was answered to go back to my xbox cave I will stop now to avoid an hernia,if you guys allow it to me, stopping with the comedy club.

Mate! Relax. My original post was tongue in cheek (as you can see from the edit) because I was in Rio last month, again, and I absolutely LOVE that place. So the unfunny joke was that if I lived there I wouldn't spend my time in front of a TV because the place is so beautiful, and the people too. Relax! Jesus!

Back to topic.

Well there must be a motive to all this.

Like in a crime show.

What exactly is the motive?? Sony could have just sat back and enjoyed their PS4 domination.

What moved them to go through all of this?

What does it MEAN!?

Would it be too bold to suggest that PS4k exist only because PS4 is not good enough for VR?!

No. Shhhhh. Don't say it out loud.

shh-the-shadow-people-are-outside-watching-us-thumb.jpg

Wow that thread got really big really fast! It was quite a marathon reading it all!

A GTX970-level GPU in a fixed console box! :) I can't wait to play Horizon on it.

It depends on the architecture but in any case I wouldn't be expecting 970 level performance. If it's Tonga based then it's basically a 380x, or pretty much level pegging with a GTX770. If it's Polaris based (which seems more likely at this point) then it's anyones guess, but I can't see Polaris being 50% faster than Tonga for the same resources (which it would need to be to equal a 970).

Personally I think these specs are great news, the relatively small CPU increase makes it unlikely that we'll see a lot of 30->60fps conversions IMO. I also can't see devs pushing for a higher resolution than 1080p which is already pretty good at TV distances with decent AA. So I'm expecting the extra resources will be pushed into better core graphics - exactly the area that will benefit PC games the most. PS4K + the PC marketof equivalent performance should be of a pretty decent size and thus worthy of proper developer attention. It wouldn;t be suprising to see XBO relegated to the 720p console though with PS4 seeing much more regular 900p releases and PS4K going for full 1080p + improved graphics and more stable frame rate.

Is the 4k TV user base big enough to justify PS4k?
I mean how many millions have a 4k TV in Us or EU?

Honest question/s.

Would be nice to see some market research. But the fact remains that a lot of the new TVs being sold today are 4K. Simply because the tech trickles down to cheaper sets, until you will only see 4K TVs in the shops. Like it happened with 1080p.

Honest question/s.

I think the only true 4k in it will be streaming services. Netflix today https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/the-next-generation-of-tv

I dont expect Sony to even put UHD BD drive in it. The movie format is just not worth the expense it would put on the bottom line when the world is moving away from discs

Games could take advantage of 4k TVs HDR capabilities for free rather than resolution bump eating all the performance from higher framerates/details.. expect games to remain 1080p for the most part.

I think the only true 4k in it will be streaming services.

UHD BluRays started coming out few weeks back. Revenant will be out in a few days, featuring video that was filmed with 4-6K cameras and mastered in 4K with HDR in mind. Those 100GB of H265 content will be something that few will be able to enjoy when streamed over the web.

Honest question/s.

Given that 4K TV prices are very consumer friendly now ($299 49in / on up), I would venture to guess that 4K sales should be doing well. Why would anyone really purchase a 1080p set, when most, if not all, 4K sets are capable of upscaling 1080p content?

Anyhow, I can vouch for ABC Warehouse... they have sold more 4K sets last year, than 1080p sets.

UHD BluRays started coming out few weeks back. Revenant will be out in a few days, featuring video that was filmed with 4-6K cameras and mastered in 4K with HDR in mind. Those 100GB of H265 content will be something that few will be able to enjoy when streamed over the web.

Netflix/Amazon Prime/Youtube will be streaming 4K HDR before it gets a chance like DVD/Blu-ray. It will be a niche product.
This isn't even considering the fact that the physical copy rental market barely exists anymore.

UHD BD HDR discs are already out. So is 4K HDR streaming [in the US]. Both have the chance for success, except UHD BR players are still not widespread. PS4K will change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back