Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh god, I think I just vomited in my throat. Nope, I definitely just vomited in my throat. The stench just got worse from this overflowing accumulation of odious ordure.

The new iD obviously has no idea what Doom is. They should have just made this game a new IP and I might have actually enjoyed it. But they have tainted, perverted and abused my beloved Doom franchise (granted Doom 3 did some damage to it as well, but at least it was still mostly Doom) and there is no forgiveness for that.

/sigh...

Regards,
SB

Oh well, most of my XBL friends are just saying that Doom is the new GOTY. I am most interested in the campaign though I was reared with Carmack games, Doom and Quake..

It's pretty fun, graphics are just okay but I get the feeling they're severely limited in the beta. I agree with SB that they've perverted what a multiplayer version of Doom should be. The load outs are crap, the customisation is crap, everything else feels reasonably Quake like though (amature Quake player only here).

I just had tons of fun online with 3 of my friends. We had several great matches in both TDM and Warpath. MP is totally solid, engine runs great, and it looks like MP will be great part of the $60 Doom package.

I am however still mostly interested in SP campaign [and I am curious about SnapMap].

Fuck Cacodemons and Imps. Fuck Barons of Hell and the Mancubus too. Pain Elemental? Fuck off. Cyberdemon? Choke on your own vomit (and mine too) while a Spiderdemon fucks you to death.

I'm sure I missed something but before I apologize for that I'd like to say fuck you to all the Revenants out there.

I got a chance to only play one match but MP isn't what I play doom for. I still play Doom3 and I think they should have made an SP demo instead because that's what Doom is all about to me. I mean, they went to the length of scrapping a whole campaign they made and remade the whole thing so that it feels like Doom then I want to sample that.

I will try to catch a match today of possible, but I want a taste of the new campaign before I put in my money. We haven't really seen a proper level of the game AT ALL ! That is bad sign , to be honest. The game releases in a few days and they haven't shown one proper full level till now and they send out an MP build for a demo.

I hope everything is alright with the campaign -_-

I would have happily played the Hell on Earth campaign they scrapped. The leaked shots looked awesome IMO. Shit, they would have had time to finish that game AND this recent reboot in the years since Rage launched, if they'd managed their project(s) properly.

If this thing is being compared to scatophylia by some vocal doom fans, I wonder what those people would say about that bland and uninspired scraped reboot thar had pretty much nothing to do with Doom whatsoever.

I wonder what those people would say about that bland and uninspired scraped reboot thar had pretty much nothing to do with Doom whatsoever.
"Those people" bitched and screamed plenty when those shots made it around the web, years ago, and of course they were full of shit as one would predict of anyone making uninformed snap judgments of an entire game based on a handful of work-in-progress shots. "Empty barrels rattle the loudest" - old Swedish saying. :p "Bland and uninspired" = 100% subjective, btw, and I disagree completely.

And nothing to do with Doom by the way except the fact Doom II had a number of levels obviously set into as city-like landscapes as the primitive graphics engine allowed, over twenty fucking years ago...

Yeah, I liked those shots too, was curious to see what it might have been, but well they scrapped it before showing it to us so they must have found something really bad there.

Anyways, I played quite a few rounds of Warpath and it is very very fun :p ! I mean, it does feel like a lesser version of quake somehow but that mode is still ton of fun ! If the campaign comes out good, this might turn out to be a good full price purchase :D

Oh god, I think I just vomited in my throat. Nope, I definitely just vomited in my throat. The stench just got worse from this overflowing accumulation of odious ordure.

The new iD obviously has no idea what Doom is. They should have just made this game a new IP and I might have actually enjoyed it. But they have tainted, perverted and abused my beloved Doom franchise (granted Doom 3 did some damage to it as well, but at least it was still mostly Doom) and there is no forgiveness for that.

/sigh...

Regards,
SB

Well, good thing the mp was developed by another team.

There's still some hope left for the sp!

Can someone explain how this is not quake3arena (with better gfx)

Uhm, because Zenimax wants to sell it as Doom and for $60 or more instead of a $15 Arcade title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back