Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-hit kill FPS games are the devil as far as I'm concerned. This started - AFAIK - with the Unreal Tournament series; not sure which one of them, but by UT3, there were plenty ways for you to get 1shot without getting a scoped sniper round through the head. TF2 is largely a game where every class 1shots - well except for the medic.

I stopped caring about shooters after this. It got too tedious getting offed in a single hit by scummy aimbotters. Yes, not only does 1-hit kills make for arbitrary and anti-tactical gameplay in favor of zerging and hoping for lucky kills, it also promotes rampant cheating. If you always hit and your hits always kill, you become very powerful.

...Lovely! :LOL:

Instagib 1v1 was by far my most favourite way to play UT2004. Good times. /nostalgia

Like for the best rant ever posted. Angry Video Game Nerd is zero

In all seriousness this, at least based on the Beta, is far from being the Doom game we expected. It is not a bad game, but for something that was supposed to be faithful to the style and atmosphere it is not there

I'm not into Coprophilia, so no I'm not interested in that pungent steaming semi-solid pile of fecund matter bubbling in its own rancid pustulent urine. They should rename the game to Dung, although that doesn't come close to describing this abortion of a reboot.

Regards,
SB
I don't know yet if I agree that this game deserves such harsh comparisons, but I have to say I do like the poetry with which you stated your opinion.

All those player models look like Halo.
They've always been similar
3079891-master-chief-vs-doom-guy.jpg

In the video above the game looks more like q3arena than doom, not saying thats a bad thing mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back