Why most Gaming PC / Laptop have tacky lights and angles?

They did a good job indeed, in that they executed really well in the specific aesthetic they were aiming at. That aesthetic though, is the very definition of tacky.

Of course, that's also the very definition of case mods, or anything done to impress, really.

Of course, that's also the very definition of case mods, or anything done to impress, really.

but there are a rare creature "non-tacky case mods".

6a00d8341c5dea53ef0115715983cf970b-800wi

but there are a rare creature "non-tacky case mods".
Hey, don't dis the powermac cube thing... I drooled over that one when it first came out. It was ludicrously expensive though, and since it was passively cooled its performance was way below what a gamer like me requires anyhow, so it was just dreams. But what are we humans without dreaming? :D

I think the Mac styling actually targets another form of child mind. ;) I think I preferred the beige Macs.

The gamer aesthetic thing is a bummer though indeed. I find it reminiscent of the trashy street racer car mods driving around the city. I guess that started up in the early 00s? I'm sure that stuff has attracted a great new type of person to PC gaming. It's probably also related to the massive growth in popularity of gaming that came with the dominance of first person shooters.

Last edited:
I think the Mac styling actually targets another form of child mind. ;) I think I preferred the beige Macs.

The gamer aesthetic thing is a bummer though indeed. I find it reminiscent of the trashy street racer car mods driving around the city. I guess that started up in the early 00s? I'm sure that stuff has attracted a great new type of person to PC gaming. It's probably also related to the massive growth in popularity of gaming that came with the dominance of first person shooters.

Or the rise of need for speed underground?

Hey, don't dis the powermac cube thing... I drooled over that one when it first came out. It was ludicrously expensive though, and since it was passively cooled its performance was way below what a gamer like me requires anyhow, so it was just dreams. But what are we humans without dreaming? :D
How on earth would you associate gaming with the powercube anyway, or any mac at all at that time.

I thought it self-obvious how you can't associate the powercube with gaming; because the damn thing couldn't run games! (Well, other than oregon trail... I feel an urge for contracting dysentery right now btw.)

...But that doesn't mean you wouldn't WANT to be able to game on a system like the powercube. Because it was tiny, and quite simply fucking neat! :)

^^ I can absolutely appreciate the artistic aspect, time, attention to detail, all the things related to the work involved to pull off the case mod above.

As for ANY amount of using it though? LOLNOPE.

Men love shit like angles and lights. It's why razors have tons of blades these days, and use buzzwords like "mach 5" and "turbo" and stuff like that.

Basically, men are like little boys, with no brains. Easily distracted with some flash and thunder. :LOL:

By the way: I love LEDs on gadgets. If two gadgets are basically comparable in the respects I care about, I will buy the one with the most LEDs... :oops:

Insulting (to men). Men are NOT like that. Adolescents are like that.

Meh, as long as there's still awesomely designed LED and edges.

Looking at you Xperia S family graveyard!

Back