Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

Those Beta graphics are like some of the worst looking current gen graphics I've seen, even Cod on XBone looks better. it feels like they disabled pretty much all the fancy effects, lighting got tuned right down and models details are almost last gen. But 60fps tho right? I still have faith in SP delivering a good show.

Yeah it's looking really rough, probably a result of 1080p and 60 fps on UE 4 on X1.

I wouldn't say rough, its not dazzling for sure but certainly not rough. Image quality looks really clean to me and that is very important in competitive multiplayer. It seems like they care more about how the game plays in GoW's most important mode than how many screen space effects they can cram in.

I wouldn't say rough, its not dazzling for sure but certainly not rough. Image quality looks really clean to me and that is very important in competitive multiplayer. It seems like they care more about how the game plays in GoW's most important mode than how many screen space effects they can cram in.

By rough i mean missing shadows in that night map, it looks so odd.

It looks like the Gears4 beta is also to test the Xbox Ones' new DX8 backward-compatibility. Serious Sam 1 was leaked somewhere, Tiberial Sun also.

Those Beta graphics are like some of the worst looking current gen graphics I've seen, even Cod on XBone looks better. it feels like they disabled pretty much all the fancy effects, lighting got tuned right down and models details are almost last gen. But 60fps tho right? I still have faith in SP delivering a good show.

1080/60 is clearly hard. Ratchet and Clank a PS2 port(!) isn't even 1080 60 on current gen with flat graphics.

Anyway I dont know why some people are all 60 FPS or bust! Then, people bitterly complain when gfx aren't up to snuff. Can we get some consistency? It may be different people but that's no excuse, you cant just disappear when it suits you, 60 fps crew...

I think the new footage looks better than the first vines. Isn't this supposedly pre-alpha or something? Not expecting miracles for the beta. But I bet on an actual HDTV it will be a clear difference to 360 Gears MP.

Is Gears MP really needing 60? I dunno...

I'll judge it when it's actually close to being released. Hard to tell what state the multiplayer beta is in right now.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-4-dev-talks-beta-split-screen-confirm/1100-6437723/

""What you're going to play is basically an alpha build of our multiplayer," he said. "That means there's going to be issues, but it's an actual beta. It's not a fake demo; it's not a highly polished thing in the sense that it's set up as a marketing demo. It's actually, 'Hey, we have brand new technology on our servers and we have brand new features on our client and we want that to be tested at scale and we want your help.'"

Gears of War 1 in 1080/60 would look more impressive than the multiplayer of 4. Xbox One should be easily able to handle at least that.
They could swap the multiplayer for Gears1 in the final version and people here would be like:
"It's amazing how much the graphics have improved since the beta!"
But I am pretty sure the final multiplayer will have shadow and lighting support!

With so much added to the overall experience
it's somewhat disappointing to report the actual gameplay is enjoyable yet unremarkable
Gamespot

Gears of War 4 multiplayer changes things up in some cool ways
Eurogamer

If you like Gears of War 3, you're in for a treat
IGN

With Gears of War 4
The Coalition really has grabbed this opportunity by the throat and we can't wait to spend more time with the Beta
gamereactor

Building the Coalition
shacknews
I really enjoyed playing Gears of War 4 Versus Multiplayer
After being very disappointed by Gears of War : Judgement
I believe this is a great first step back towards the greatness of the original Gears of War trilogy

1080/60 is clearly hard. Ratchet and Clank a PS2 port(!) isn't even 1080 60 on current gen with flat graphics.

Anyway I dont know why some people are all 60 FPS or bust! Then, people bitterly complain when gfx aren't up to snuff. Can we get some consistency? It may be different people but that's no excuse, you cant just disappear when it suits you, 60 fps crew...

I think the new footage looks better than the first vines. Isn't this supposedly pre-alpha or something? Not expecting miracles for the beta. But I bet on an actual HDTV it will be a clear difference to 360 Gears MP.

Is Gears MP really needing 60? I dunno...
Not sure if serious..It's easily one of the best looking game ever.

Don't worry dude, the E3 2015 SP showing was still pretty good looking and I'm sure the final build will improve even further. But the issue here with the MP beta is that it looked like ass, no way around it, Doom 4 Beta on Xbone looks almost a gen over it despite 1080pr/60fps. I know beta is beta but hell that's one ugly son of a bitch lol.

ppjrbxi5qglyaqhgd8r5.jpg
kt3029509aeen0hrpsev.jpg
2a566vwklldvbupb28ba.jpg

Back