Predict next generation console names.

It's quite clear: the next Xbox is going to be called "Xbox". No pre- or postfixes.

Or maybe not. I personally found it interesting that at Build Microsoft didn't speak about "Xbox One", it was always "Xbox". Case in point: Building Great Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Apps for Xbox
It's quite possible and reasonable to go back on the naming. It's just that with Xbox there's never been any real consistency between devices so we've degenerated into humour, but I think going back to Xbox is a fairly good serious response to the original question.

But Xbox is now being used as their gaming brand Divison name. As Xbox now applies to windows 10 gaming.

After Xbox one , they should call its successor "the first xbox" and the one after that "xbox not the new one but the very first, remember?"

Sent from my LG-D385 using Tapatalk

xbox XBX-N720U
Playstation PS-HDR256VRZ-UHD
Nintendo MRiO-9000PCH (home console) and LGi-6000EGD (handheld)

Really they could just name their devices like TVs, receivers Blu-ray players and other CE gear is named, some letter+number combinations that no one remembers. So they'd be just the newest xbox, Playstation and Nintendo consoles.

In all seriousness they should just go Xbox One, Xbox Two, Xbox Three, Playstation 5, Playstation 6 etc. It's easy. It works for the phones. It's clear for consumers. Works for phones like iPhone and Samsung Galaxy.

After PS4K 2017 release Sony will merge with 2K Games and create new systems dubbed the PS2K17 utilizing a suped up 32 core Emotion Engine @ 4ghz designed by the resently out of retirement Ken Kutaragi
Each year a new iteration will be released PS2K17, PS2K18, PS2K19, PS2K20 etc

d1f78a6f7896d901b6ca82eac87acf58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect Sony will adopt naming scheme like this:
PS4
PS4K
PS5
PS5S
PS6
PS6S

Aren´t you forgetting something. Same way Nintendo is launching the NX mid generation, it will launch it´s new consoles at mid, mid generation. So we will have!

PS4
PS4K
PS4KS
PS5
PS5S
PS5K
PS5KS

etc. ;)

Back