Ratchet and Clank [PS4]

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=20069118

Interesting rant from the community manager of Insomniac Games. Sony wanted Into The Nexus to be a PS4 launch title but the engine was too heavily optimised for PS3, it was impossible to do it...
I don't think your link works properly. It sends me to a post that say that "five year olds are violent little monsters" from a thread about the web comic of Axe Cop...

2084e4bf1ebfe16c269b471d318b70b4.jpg

Played 4-5 hours of it ! Yay ! :D

It feels like an amalgamation of old and new. They seem to have kept the same sizes and enemy types for levels as the original which makes it feel like an old game while the new controls and visuals make it feel new.

I have to say there is something different about the controls than Nexus. It takes getting used to.

In your dreams Shifty. In everyone's dreams. Even with PS4K I bet Naughty dog would prefer to improve the resolution (even if they have to downsample it afterward for non 4K owners) and / or the filmic effects instead of the fps. Framerate is an artistic design decision, not a technical one.
That'd require changing the code. Conceptually, a boosted console could play the same code at twice the framerate with no code changes. And let's ne honest - there's plenty of folk who want to play R&C and UC4 at 60 fps!

Where is the attribution to Sony wanting Nexus as a PS4 launch title?

It is the community manager of Insomniac he speaks about discussion for Into the Nexus to be a PS4 launch title. I doubt Insomniac can decide alone without the consent of the publisher Sony..

There are several 2013 PS3 games that sadly never got released to PS4 [I still think it is madness that Puppeteer did not get "remastered"]. I presume the same problems that Insominiac faced also prevented those games to land on nextgen hardware.

Heck, PS3 got so much big exclusives games in 2013 [Ascension, TLOU, Beyond, GT6, Nexus, Puppeteer...], that this caused PS4 to get weaker software lineup after its launch.

There are several 2013 PS3 games that sadly never got released to PS4 [I still think it is madness that Puppeteer did not get "remastered"]. I presume the same problems that Insominiac faced also prevented those games to land on nextgen hardware.

Heck, PS3 got so much big exclusives games in 2013 [Ascension, TLOU, Beyond, GT6, Nexus, Puppeteer...], that this caused PS4 to get weaker software lineup after its launch.

Into The Nexus or Puppeteer would have been good PS4 launch title.

For GT6 release a game after the launch of the PS4 was an error.

Another answer from James Steens about the strange launch date, he said it was a logistical problem at SCEE level...

It is the community manager of Insomniac he speaks about discussion for Into the Nexus to be a PS4 launch title. I doubt Insomniac can decide alone without the consent of the publisher Sony..
They may well have discussed it internally as a possibility and never got as far as discussing this with Sony. Nexus launched in 2013 which was the PS4 launch year so they would have had dev units fairly early into development of the game.

Commercially it would likely have been a bad move for Insomniac.

Back