Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

Can't wait for this game. Looks very good. I wonder if all the cast is new, or do we know that the old gang shows up?

I need a Carmine for MP!

And I need a Carmine death to fuel my hate during SP!

1c2c3a-1460146141.gif

https://twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/718503923019939840

Maybe it's just me, but when I look at that, I think, "Ooooh, Gears of War Open World Survival game." I'm not even sure that'd be a good game. Either way, I somehow think that's not what they were going for.

Regards,
SB

I hope they have a Lambent Ticker Grenade Tag challenge mode. Yes, its so overkill but its so much fun to have that game within a game play style that it should be an officially supported mode. Zilla knows how much fun this is.

Maybe it's just me, but when I look at that, I think, "Ooooh, Gears of War Open World Survival game." I'm not even sure that'd be a good game. Either way, I somehow think that's not what they were going for.

Regards,
SB
Lol for me it felt like return to horror action.

Yeah, it's definitely a curve ball. Not sure how I feel about it but I like survival games in general and I like Gear or War so uhh.. win win? :-|

Is that all we got?
I always saw Gears 1 as a RE4 extension, so I don't mind a survival game, but I would rather want a brash action game like before.

What I do not like at all is the whole "What happens with these teenagers in one night" thing. I hate hate it when stories do that. :angry: Don't like the sound of the whole Marcus' Son and friends thing. Its like what KZ Shadow Fall did, jump ahead in time, add colours and new characters u don't feel a thing for. Gameplay is king, but I persoanlly just don't like when games go from grown ups to thier kids, recipe for disaster.

Of course the Gears bros would listen to the Disturbed cover of The Sound of Silence rather than the original. Down with the sickness, bros? Marcus Fenix looks like a shit-metal fan, if I ever saw one. Besides that, the trailer for the game is great. :)

I've watched the trailer about five times now, and my interest is definitely piqued. Gears is still the best cover shooter. Had perfect mechanics, and a really cinematic style. The story left a lot to be desired, and the art design was not really my thing, but it was intense and the gameplay was A+. If they get the gameplay right, and improve the rest, then this could be a real winner.

So new dude is son of Marcus Phenix? Oh I can see it already, old man Phenix is gonna pop up half way through and saves his son by sacrificing himself. Anyone know how many hours left till the new reveal?

Catching some of the alpha/beta mp and I'm kind of eh.

I'm in it for the story mode first, but Gears mp has never been that compelling to me anyway.

Back