Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Yeah, I really like the episodes. They add quite a lot to the story and characters.

Finished act 3 yesterday and was looking forward to the TV episode...I like it!

Act 3 has good enemy variation and so the combat sequences were still quite good for me. Much better variety than AW imo.

Curious about act 4...so far, I managed to finish an act every day.

Just remember to not skip the credits

Ok, thanks!

PS: I always watch credits until the end. When I finish a game, it means it ms a good game and I owe the devs to watch the credits :)

Last edited:
What I really like is when time is frozen...looks super cool! Also, fighting those immune guys during such a sequence and killing them, makes them time freeze exactly the way they died...cool physics imo!

Also, I finally got around to appreciate the visuals more. At first, I was quite distracted by all the artifacts. But now, I just interpret them as one of the many time warping/anomaly stuff...and it works much better tor me now! Lol!

I am in fact curious, if this was the exact reason why Remedy chose this lighting tec. I can understand that most devs shy away of this lighting tec due to the many artifacts and the extreme inconsistent output one gets. This is maybe a too extreme compromise. However, in case of QB, with all the cool time warping and distortion effects all the time...it kind of works astoundingly well imo. Would be quite cool if true :mrgreen:

Downloaded that 4.5g patch and finally fixed the blinding light bug and what a pleasant change that was. The game seems to have some input lag which is annoying, texture res is absolutely shit house and the constant dithering from shadows, floor reflection and pixelated light shaft is quite frustrating to see. Love the lighting in some areas tho, but can't help to under appreciate it since the entire frame could get seriously blurry quite often when moving. The gun play with time power are actually quite fun and exhilaratin, the live action cutscene to my surprise felt really engaging and with souls at times, I'm feeling the story thus far so that's a big plus.

It's understandable. All the rich PC Elite kids with their Roiex's and sports cars appreciate that the poor, denim-wearing console street kids are actually cooler and more fun, and want to hang out with them.

It's funny because the ones who get to play the game without problems in this case are "the poor console" gamers :p

I've found that only in the console section you can talk about the game freely (story/chracters/gameplay) while in the PC section you have to talk graphics and performance :D

I agree with all of those, sound design is exceptional imo. I liked the second episode more than the first, hope the rest keep up with the same pace.

Is 720p 4X MSAA comparable to 1080p without AA or with FXAA in terms of performance?

Last edited:
Just finished it. There are many bad things about the game. But there are at least as many great things as well. Overall, I really enjoyed it! I especially liked the episodes and the possible choices. Nice!

I'm starting to like it better. State of the art graphics helps. The story is actually not bad at all. The upgrades give me something to work for, although I suspect they're not really much help. Sometimes playing with the time powers works and you feel like a badass, so that's cool, although overall things tend to be clunky still. Definitely looking up. I think I'm maybe about 1/3 to halfway through? I want to say the game said I was 33% finished a while ago, but I have no idea what that entails.

I actually really liked the super powers, because they make you badass.

I did most of the upgrades, and some are quite useful imo.

Compared to all other games with time control powers, I liked QB's the best.

Back