Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

Where's the fetch quest? I love being an imaginary FedEx agent in a fantasy world. It's full of imagination!

Seriously, how much of that will be fetch quest or classic ubisoft busy work?

They obviously won't delve into more details on all of the sidequests types at least until closer to release, but we know this for now.

-"FFXV isn't Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition in terms of your to-do list. That isn't necessarily bad because your quest log isn't bloated by insignificant or uninteresting tasks.....inspires a feeling similar to pre-PS2 Final Fantasies where there were huge overworld maps that made the setting seem authentic and enormous - even if you didn't find a quest every step."

-"Describing FFXV as an open-world experience is not entirely appropriate. It isn't about creating your own emergent story, finding a new sidequest around ever corner, or getting wrapped up in a district-conquering metagame."

$500M? Don't be silly.

I meant for the whole project, 10 years life cycle, movie, anime, large sum spent on advertising etc. The game alone should be over 200m by now in total (versus + ffxv, building luminus from the ground up)

Well. Let's assume it is around that kind of budget. It would be a grossly risky investment.

And surely for $500M they can get rid of that disgusting IQ and fix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squenix said they have to sell >10 million copies for FFXV to be profitable, let's assume $50 pricepoint, that's exactly 500m. I don't know the specifics but i'm pretty sure it's around that mark (give or take 50m).

Hasn't tabata-san clarified that it's not the profit line? But it's a line where it's really profitable and makes square happy?

There's varying reports online, as always. One said they need 10 million copies to break even, which I repeat is a huge risk for any company.

How many copies did each of the last FF games sell?

There's varying reports online, as always. One said they need 10 million copies to break even, which I repeat is a huge risk for any company.

How many copies did each of the last FF games sell?
I think FFXIII has been reported to have sold about 7 million physical copies. To that number you should add the digital download, that probably don't amount at too much on PS360, but should constitute the biggest part of the sales number on PC. I think XIII-2 is reported at around 5 millions (always talking physical copies) and LR at 3, but my memory could be way off.
Anyway I don't think that the two sequels of the Lightning Trilogy can give us any good insight to foresee the sales of FFXV, because their appeal was limited by being, indeed, sequels and to a not-too-much beloved founder.

That just the goal of passionate dev team, they think they are making a game that will really sell well over the entire lifetime of the game.

http://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-15-10-million-copies/

One of many links. As I said, it might have gotten lost in translation. 10 million just to break even would be madness.

Initially there was a misunderstanding and people assumed 10 million meant for profit even though the direct just said "10 million lifetime sales for him to consider it a success." The director later clarified the 10 million meant it as a success for the team's personal ambitions, which falls in line with Tabata saying a while ago that he wanted XV to have the same or better impact and sell more than FFVII.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...eds-to-sell-10-million-units-to-be-a-success/

Hopefully they can fix up their post TAA implementation by release. It's horrid in motion but when it works properly it looks fantastic.

e3YFNs3.png

It does not even have the same level of detail there...

Look at the mouth...

And that is the difference between running the game and pausing it which lets the AA do its work?
The demo was hurting my eyes from the aliasing!

And that is the difference between running the game and pausing it which lets the AA do its work?
The demo was hurting my eyes from the aliasing!
They apparently have quite strong sharpening filter which picks all aliasing and enhances it.
Some weight setting to lower it's influence for new pixels would be nice. (Or option to turn it off.)

Back