Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he doesn't fit in the screen for the cutscenes
They could just switch it back to usual Drake. This would be the same as previous Uncharted games which had pre-rendered cut scenes.

Studio change female character outfit because of feminism lobby, Over watch and Star Ocean 5. I think donut Drake is not politically correct and they were afraid of reaction...

I think donut Drake is not politically correct and they were afraid of reaction...

Naughty Dog have an employee who is transgender. There's was a fair bit of coverage of her experience of coming out [GAF thread] in 2014 and I wonder if this has had an impact on how they think about decisions like including doughnut Drake. It probably makes you think more about things like this. As for why it's in the Nathan Drake Collection, I agree with Valkyrion. Bluepoint just ported the game and nobody made a conscious decision to include or exclude it so it carried over.

There have been plenty of points in my life where I've reflected on things and consciously make a decision to change the way I do things. It is indeed called growing up and in blokes, generally happens when you're in the late 30s or early 40s ;)

So they're saying killing people is less offensive?

If Naughty Dog thinks fat people are more offensive than killing people, who doesn't Naughty Dog kill fat people? That way less people should be offended.

Maybe they actually made fat drake. But they make it with too much detail and physics. They don't want to downgrade it to be able to put it in the game

Lol, I can't believe their reasoning behind removing a fat skin option - I thought they'd just say it was cut because it was too difficult technically with the new animation system and rigging etc.
Next thing they're going to have to take out all the mercenaries so they don't offend people who work for Blackwater and other PMCs.
And of course being a treasure hunter means purloining, and, inevitably - being Uncharted - destroying other people's cultural artifacts! Really in this day and age it is inexcusable for a video game to have such blatant neo-colonialism as its central premise!
Drake and co should just sit around playing cards lol.

Last edited:
From dualshockers, another image with pom, looks great
Uncharted4-6.jpg

And his hair has weight
Uncharted4-23.jpg

Wouldn't screen space god rays break if the main light source is occluded though? (the sun in this case) look at 15:07 in this video for example
Screen-space godrays don't use "light sources", they just look for bright areas in the image and extend rays off them.

Screen-space godrays don't use "light sources", they just look for bright areas in the image and extend rays off them.
Which is what's not happening in Cluckos's clip, AFAICS. It's very brief, but the light rays are visible with the sky occluded. We need a clearer example.

Working for those companies is a choice.
Oh and being obese isn't? "Curse ye gods for making me fat!"

From wiki:
Obesity is most commonly caused by a combination of excessive food intake, lack of physical activity, and genetic susceptibility. A few cases are caused primarily by genes, endocrine disorders, medications, or mental illness. Evidence to support the view that obese people eat little yet gain weight due to a slow metabolism is not generally supported

In other news, the game is looking fantastic. I wonder if they still have the scene featured in the E3 2014 reveal trailer in the final game. Everyone thought that was pre-rendered so it'll be interesting to see how the final game compares.

Do we have any indication of how long the game is (if it's the longest Uncharted yet)? The Last of Us long? (which would be very long indeed!)

I don't think anyone has put out a number, just that its the longest Uncharted. LOU length would be lovely, I must say ! It took me 24 hours to finish , according to the game, 4 full days from the real world.....ad it still left me wanting more !

An equal or longer uncharted would be awesome !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back