"Yes, but how many polygons?" An artist blog entry with interesting numbers

And you see a couple of those things roaming around casually in the level and then a herd of robomimus flocking your way:), makes me wonder the polycount for this entire level or per frame. That giant robosauropod must also be well over 500k I'd say.

Claire, cutscene model, Resident Evil Code Veronica.

I13wk1U.jpg

Dear EsppiraK Im amazed at how in the world you got Claire's Cinematic model T posed and so clearly good as i can see in this picture.
I made an another thread because its damn long time since I search the method for this kinda ripping, unluckily im sorry if im Offtopic in this thread,
but I couldn't write to EsppiraK because Im new.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/ripping-models-for-non-commercial-use.57298/

I hope I dont bother no one here and I hope that no one gets angry for this Off topic.

I would like to have numbers on this (or other) models from Until Dawn:
21731375435_9b2bb7a21c_o.jpg

21705289326_fd3b6c5043_o.jpg

21110349193_b082db7ff0_o.jpg

Seems high poly, head alone could be more polys than entire 3D models in other games this gen :D

Last edited:
I'm interested in how many polygons

war Thunder
World of Tanks (PC and PS4)

forza motorsport 6/2 and Forza Horizon
dirt rally

and Kingdom Come deliverance

thanks
P.S. site is great and very interesting

I think Media Molecule's next project should do away with pixels too. They did it with polygons, so why restrict themselves to this archaic method of displaying pixels? The game will show as a white/blue screen, or just noise. We will know that the hardware is doing all the calculations needed to run the game but we'll use our imagination to make up whatever is going on in our heads. The ultimate mindfuck. Also available on PSVR.

I think Media Molecule's next project should do away with pixels too. They did it with polygons, so why restrict themselves to this archaic method of displaying pixels? The game will show as a white/blue screen, or just noise. We will know that the hardware is doing all the calculations needed to run the game but we'll use our imagination to make up whatever is going on in our heads. The ultimate mindfuck. Also available on PSVR.
Or...
Another-Matrix-Screen-Saver_2.jpg

That's some next level user-created-conted right there.

Back