Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
VG Tech Doom beta XBO frame rate test (DF apparently cant get a game on XBO yet)

Really bad and every frame tears...but when watching the vid I'm not really seeing constant tearing?

Game looks great to me though. Another one of the crop of games beginning to take advantage of current gen hardware.

I entered the beta on PS4. The game is very different from what we are used to. No reload, no zoom, no health recovery unless you pick health packs its all classic FPS fun.
Visuals are great, super clean and super smooth, but it is a very challenging game. Very fast paced.
The beta has 2 modes. Team deathmatch and area capture

I'm against no reload, because it removes a tactical element from the game. Old games skimped on the reload because things were simpler back then. Today, we live in different times and should not try to emulate the past (unless we're making an actual retro game - which Doom4 here clearly is not, with its modern graphics and double jumping and health orbs and whatnot.) You wanna play old Doom? Well, fucking play old Doom then. Meanwhile, in the "real" world, guns have limited ammo capacity, so they should also have reload...

I love it. Again, one of the best online fps experiences recently.

Warpath is quite funny.

Only thing: the sound effects could have a little bit more punsh!

Ps4 version

B74wrH.png

LCRiiZ.png

EIS1dd.png

Looks native at least from the first shot where the jaggies are shown around the door light. Hope it's not dynamic res tho.

OK, so I haven't been keeping up on this. But then I went to one of the Youtube channels that I watch every now and then and I find this.

You'll have to pardon my language here as in general I don't like to swear (please don't read any further if you don't want to see foul language), but...

WHAT IS THIS HORSE SHIT??!?!??!?!

This is not Doom. What the fuck do they think they are doing? They can all just fuck off and die for crapping all over a beloved franchise like this.

Classes? In multiplayer? Loadouts? Seriously, Bethesda, FUCK OFF. Items that let you see the respawn time of items? Items that give you limited wall hack vision? Again, FUCK THE HELL OFF Bethesda.

The beauty of multiplayer in iD games in the past was the fact that everyone was on a level playing field, everyone was equal. Every weapon was available to everyone. Skill came in with the ability to learn maps. Learn where items spawned. Learned your opponents habits and play style so that you could try to counter them. High level play became a game of cat and mouse with each person trying to out think and out maneuver the other...all of that combined with a very high level of physical hand-eye coordination.

This...this absolutely malodorous steaming fetid pile of diseased feces is quite literally crap!

Fuck me for ever thinking Bethesda could make a good game after they fucked up TES and Fallout.

OMG, I have never been so incredibly pissed off as I am now after having seen the shit they are doing with Doom. Even after they
anally raped and
butchered the Fallout franchise with that aborted deformed fetus of a game that they call Fallout 3, I wasn't this pissed. BTW - I spoilered part of that because the language is far too intense for normal viewing. Do NOT look at it if you are easily offended. In fact, just don't look at it, I'm not proud of what I typed there.

If there was a middle finger emoji here, I'd litter this entire post with it. One last FUCK YOU for Bethesda and the new iD Software.

And finally, apologies for the language. AAAGUUUUUGUGUGUHHHHHH!!!!!!

Regards,
SB

Easy man! It is still one of the best mp exp I had in years.

You never know if they release a classic mode, with all halo turned off!

OK, so I haven't been keeping up on this. But then I went to one of the Youtube channels that I watch every now and then and I find this.

You'll have to pardon my language here as in general I don't like to swear (please don't read any further if you don't want to see foul language), but...

WHAT IS THIS HORSE SHIT??!?!??!?!

This is not Doom. What the fuck do they think they are doing? They can all just fuck off and die for crapping all over a beloved franchise like this.

Classes? In multiplayer? Loadouts? Seriously, Bethesda, FUCK OFF. Items that let you see the respawn time of items? Items that give you limited wall hack vision? Again, FUCK THE HELL OFF Bethesda.

The beauty of multiplayer in iD games in the past was the fact that everyone was on a level playing field, everyone was equal. Every weapon was available to everyone. Skill came in with the ability to learn maps. Learn where items spawned. Learned your opponents habits and play style so that you could try to counter them. High level play became a game of cat and mouse with each person trying to out think and out maneuver the other...all of that combined with a very high level of physical hand-eye coordination.

This...this absolutely malodorous steaming fetid pile of diseased feces is quite literally crap!

Fuck me for ever thinking Bethesda could make a good game after they fucked up TES and Fallout.

OMG, I have never been so incredibly pissed off as I am now after having seen the shit they are doing with Doom. Even after they
anally raped and
butchered the Fallout franchise with that aborted deformed fetus of a game that they call Fallout 3, I wasn't this pissed. BTW - I spoilered part of that because the language is far too intense for normal viewing. Do NOT look at it if you are easily offended. In fact, just don't look at it, I'm not proud of what I typed there.

If there was a middle finger emoji here, I'd litter this entire post with it. One last FUCK YOU for Bethesda and the new iD Software.

And finally, apologies for the language. AAAGUUUUUGUGUGUHHHHHH!!!!!!

Regards,
SB

The good news is puppies don't die when you play this game. Only demons from hell do.

Looks native at least from the first shot where the jaggies are shown around the door light. Hope it's not dynamic res tho.

It's dynamic on xb1 at least, but even the lowest resolution they saw(1350x1080) is higher than 900p. I think PS4 just stays at full 1080, but I'd be ok with a slight reduction in heavy scenes, if that would be enough to avoid the drops below 60 fps.

I am very satisfied with the Doom MP beta... even though I am not really interested in online modes for a franchise that was for me always very SP oriented. Game looks great and gameplay looks to be really solid. Pls iD, make SP campaign good.

I havent experienced any slow downs on the PS4 so far. Game appears butter smooth
It is smooth, but sometimes there are strong tearing in the top quarter of the screen that just sits there for 3-4 seconds. But even when the game tears, gameplay remains VERY responsive, so I almost never notice tearing.

Holy hell, I don't think I've ever seen Silent Buddha take a game apart like that! Geezus!
SB is right though. If you ever tried to play Quakr competitively the whole setup stinks. 1v1 was an amazing and interesting game of both map control and intuition. Its still heads and shoulders above most other FPS games because there is no luck factor to Quake. You literally need to know what you are doing, there are seldom freebies due to the fact that the health and armour pool are high enough such that you can survive a couple of hits which makes for a far more interesting game than the Instant kill games as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back