A comparison of motion blur implementations *spawn

I thought they were using GPU physics to calculate the ring getting stuck.
Kidding aside (if that's what you think I thought?!), someone who is constantly climbing and clinging onto things wouldn't wear a ring. He could as well wear an inflatable sumo wrestler costume because it's a game and stuffs and Drake is not real.

edit: This belongs in the UC4 thread, sorry for the noise.
He does it, after you beat the game and do a second playthrough with the fat drake cheat.

He does it, after you beat the game and do a second playthrough with the fat drake cheat.
Luckily, all real-time cut scenes will make way for great dead pan comedy with the fat drake. (Nothing against people struggling with obesity, though)

Doom ps4 beta. E3 2015 MB is still in. I love it, looks so good!
UD0S28.png

VSdog0.png

rZ3gu5.png

You can't switch it off but i think you change the intensity ala Crysis 3 (Low-Med-High)

Didn't notice that but there seems to be a very strong sharpening filter going on as well. :no:

Sorry, but here's two more pictures of doom's mb. If only more games had the option for this type of motion blur! Can't wait to get my hands on the game!
5vE0HG.png

yi3BbY.png

^ Gamersyde footage is directly from Sony at 11mb bitrate which is still pretty low for native 1080p, better to wait for some screenshots from the final game although their taa should fry up the image in motion a bit even though the actual result in motion is much much better, as we've already seen in the beta.

I thought they had fixed the ghosting. That looks awful.
I agree they look rouhg in stills, but comparing motion blur in stills is kinda stupid. If it looks good in motion (or not) is the real concern, and maybe some tricks work well in motion though not in stills.

I agree they look rouhg in stills, but comparing motion blur in stills is kinda stupid. If it looks good in motion (or not) is the real concern, and maybe some tricks work well in motion though not in stills.
The multiplayer beta looked like ass in the majority of screenshots, while it looked absolutely great during motion. It's a trade-off with using heavy taa, for example R&C looks pristine in screenshots but you can see aliasing/shimmering during motion. And then you also have to take into account the assets each game is using, each has its advantages. I think Insomniac did a great work with R&C though, I'll play it when i'm finished with Dark Souls 3.

R&C makes those FF15 shots look very rough..

Yes, this "almost 1st party" game set in a extremely linear and controlled cartooney world is making a third party multiplatform trouble-developed realtistic JRPG look very rough.

I also think that Until Dawn makes Rocket League look like a SNES game.

Yes, this "almost 1st party" game set in a extremely linear and controlled cartooney world is making a third party multiplatform trouble-developed realtistic JRPG look very rough.

I also think that Until Dawn makes Rocket League look like a SNES game.
I'm not sure what that has to do with it.
Many multiplatform games on both platforms have very clean IQ and I'm finding it difficult to find a justification for how messy the IQ in FF15 is right now.

Back