Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

Trailers look incredible, especially the environment one. Now that it's 1080p I can finally appreciate the assets so much more. The demo does look rough in parts but at times it could look rather stunning.
LhMb.jpg

http://abload.de/img/platinumdemofinalfantcookx.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...inum-demo-final-fantasy-xv-20160331082111.png

Is it me or does the game run below 30fps?
It doesnt feel as smooth as other 30fps games I have played

Is it me or does the game run below 30fps?
It doesnt feel as smooth as other 30fps games I have played
Yes, below 30 in the city area.

But in the beginning area it's 30 and much clearer in motion than any other 30 games. Weird. On other 30 fps games I see image doubling. None in ffxv demo.

Yes, below 30 in the city area.

But in the beginning area it's 30 and much clearer in motion than any other 30 games. Weird. On other 30 fps games I see image doubling. None in ffxv demo.
I am referring to the Platinum Demo, in the very beginning too. Its like something below 30fps but it is constant

Wait. So is the trailer a bulltrailer or is the demo just broken?

Hypothesis
  • Demo is outdated build, finished long before the event and kept in waiting for the uncover event
  • Trailers are from the latest build and that could possibly explain longer draw distance, motion blur and better AA, framerate is still not stable in the environment trailer

Makes You wonder why they'd release that... Nobody does demos anymore, and releasing a broken one is hardly going to make people excited.

Yes, i thought the exact same thing after playing the demo. Episode Duscae was a much better demo of the game. They could've released something like Episode Duscae 3.0 for free or something, this tech demo is very rough and will most probably turn people away.

Makes You wonder why they'd release that... Nobody does demos anymore, and releasing a broken one is hardly going to make people excited.

Yeah, was a mistake to release it. Doesn't give a good first impression since its goal was for a mass audience. Even smaller scaled AAA games don't release single player demos half a year before the game is ready, and probably for good reason.

To its credit, the game can look amazing at times
platinumdemofinalfantezpv7.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantwiqb3.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantvtp70.jpg

And they are slowly getting there, 1080p on Ps4 in the demo and hoping for improvements in framerate at least which is really my biggest concern, because it affects the gameplay greatly which isn't very responsive to begin with.

That second gif, if they don't implement the aa in that trailer, is going to be a shimmering mess. I've still hope for the final game, hope they don't disappoint in framerate and aa at least.

best realtime graphics ever

It's too inconsistent for that (polycount, texture quality, vast difference between assets) but the scale of it all is truly amazing. That's the tradeoff for going open world though, for example FFXIII was more linear and it was way more consistent than FFXV in terms of visual quality.

I have never seen a game with better lighting. Also if you squint you could mistake it for real life, maybe a little bit color graded, but photorealistic nonetheless. And complete realtime TOD and everything. Other developers could not even bake a game to look like this if their life depended on it. Aside from Driveclub, I don't know of any titles that compares.

beautiful game in the trailers.
Played the demo, i found it pretty meh, and bad performance, oh well at least the PSIV.V is coming.

Back