Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

Arkham Knight is mostly baked lighting with a static time of day though. We were talking about how UE4 would handle a game like FFXV. :p

Different engine, different approach, constraints, facilitations, etc...
If FFXV had been developed in EU4 it would have been a different game most likely.
How different?
Who knows!

There's Scalebound.

We have little footage of Scalebound.
As showcase of what an openworld UE4 can look like it's not enough.

Last edited:
http://press.na.square-enix.com/products/p251/final-fantasy-xv

EDIT:
btw the videos have jap voice and eng sub. does the final game also allows that?

the eng sub is a localization though... so using it with jap voice will have miss-match sentence.

Duscae 2.0 mo did feature Japanese voices. Tabata said it may be difficult to have that on final retail espeially in EU because of the many different languages. But he said it might come after the game is released. but he didn't promise it would make it.
I didn't really like the dub englishes voices when it was first revealed, Noctis voice especially , ignis voice was okay. But Notis voice didn't fit him. SO I too hope they will feature japanese voices.

BTW i captured this while watching the trailer again, the non conventional magic. as items
you can see Noctis drawing some kind of ball before using it as fire magic.
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tn5eB7g386Psses/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tnabuMBi8rRVRBe/giphy.gif
I know Tabata said there weren't going to be as much magic spells as other FFs/
Hope there will still be Ultima spell lol.

Last edited:
hmm. FF XV realizing the Microoft's vision of video game x media, and more?

FFXV got:

• Anime tie in
  • Movie tie in
  • phone game tie in
  • one car

We get a demo today! Can't believe it's finally happening on Sep 30 :D

I want this...
25540147234_069a868976_o.jpg

The steelbook is fantastic as well
26052441792_fbd2e88ec3_o.jpg

Will post some demo screens when it's done d/ling :yep2:

Don't tell me the ultimate collector's edition has a worse steelcase than the deluxe edition. I would double dip, but it'd be ridiculous considering the price of the collectors.

The demo looks very rough. Framerate is not stable still, aliasing everywhere and looks blury too. Very aggressive lod and the game doesn't seem to have any form of ambient occlusion... :|

platinumdemofinalfant7cs49.jpg

But, the music is absolutely fantastic and the aesthetic of the game is beautiful as well. Combat i'm not sold on yet from what I've played but the demo is not supposed to test your combat skills anyway...

The hair shader can look a bit funny sometimes
platinumdemofinalfantdssmd.jpg

Some images displaying the aggressive lod and the impact on the final image
platinumdemofinalfanttvsqn.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantups4p.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantigsjb.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantzjs08.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantpssmt.jpg

platinumdemofinalfantwws31.jpg

Not impressed with this demo visually (or performance wise). On the other hand, i could listen to the main theme in the menu screen for hours :p

@Clukos why your screenshot have lots of macro blocking?

Or my isp silently compress pictures :/

It's png to high quality jpg (through PS 12), there shouldn't be anything visible in terms of compression in these images. It's how the game looks. Also, i don't know if it is because of the framerate but the game feels very sluggish in terms of responsiveness.

Back